Smoker meets Law

(A/N)

Thanks to @Animefreak1145 for the review. Hope you'll enjoy this chapter, my dear gems ♡
-----

-Flashback-

"Helmeppo-san, where are the other paperwork?" Coby asked his friend and partner in work.

The pink haired man was completely preoccupied with his duties that he had forgotten about the young boy waiting for him outside.

Smoker opened the office door after knocking and sighed in defeat. This had been the 4th time this week alone that Coby had been too busy to do anything with him. However he never complained once since he understood how well his guardian loved his job.

"Coby, I'm going to go ahead. Is that okay?"

Coby gasped and looked at the clock, it was already really late and he still had a lot to finish up.

"I'm really sorry," He smiled apologetically and itched his head.

Smoker nodded and waved everyone goodbye as he left the station. Fearless as he is, he took the shortcut on his way back home, something Coby strongly disapproves of because of the many dangers that might happen to him.

He wasn't afraid though. He could always evade his opponents by turning himself into smoke and running away.

The night was silent in that area and he could enjoy the peaceful stroll as he watched the city lights illuminate from the distance.

"Hm? That's new..."

He paused before a rundown house with a single lit room, the window curtains were open but only a little light was given. He saw two shadows of what seemed to be a man with a boy.

"I've never seen them around here before," Smoker muttered to himself and flew over the rusted gates.

He could see the silhouettes talking, almost as if they were arguing about something. Taking a peek from the window, he could make out a tall blond giant holding a little boy with a fuzzy hat by the back of his shirt.

The boy growled in anger and thrashed about, but couldn't do anything. Smoker frowned and rubbed his ear as he listened in. But there was no sound.

"Weird... I'm not deaf, am I?" He tried to listen again by pressing his ear against the window, only for it to push open and make him fall inside the room. A loud THUD sounded as he hit the floor. "...Shit..."

A shadow loomed over him and he could smell the faint scent of smoke. Obviously it wasn't his Devil Fruit at work, otherwise, he would be aware of it.

This was the smell of smoke coming from above him.

"CORA-SAN, YOU IDIOT! YOUR SHOULDER IS ON FIRE AGAIN!" The boy wearing the fuzzy white hat scolded the tall man.

Cora-san, as the boy called him, began to hurriedly pat the flames away. Fuzzy Hat growled in irritation.

"Cora-san, get the damn fire extinguisher!"

Cora-san grabbed the fire extinguisher from the bedside and handed it to Fuzzy Hat, who sprayed foam all over Cora-san's face and shoulder. Smoker sweatdropped.

"You're not supposed to even smoke in the room. Tch." Fuzzy Hat hit Cora-san on the head. In retaliation, Cora-san threw Fuzzy Hat to the side like a sack of potatoes.