Four to find One Man

After the playground incident, you brought Luffy back to the house to stop his whining. Your youngest dad fell asleep on the couch by the time Shanks came downstairs with some old beach toys for the sandbox.

You told him about the kids that were being mean towards you and Luffy, even describing their strange hairstyles to him. Shanks was surprised to hear what had happened in the short amount of time he was gone. Even more so, he was bewildered to hear Luffy complaining about his knee.

He glanced at the sleeping rubber man and frowned confused.

"I thought punches and kicks shouldn't hurt him. Isn't he made of rubber?" He murmured questioningly and scratched his head. You shrugged, having given up trying to understand Luffy since long ago. He was a hard man to predict when he wanted to be.

"Anyways, about those two boys in the playground earlier..." Shanks turned to you, focusing the topic back to the main problem. "You said that one had red hair and wore goggles?"

The boy's face flashed into your mind. His eyes seemed to be filled with hate, though you don't know why. You've clearly never met him before either.

"I remember his friend called him Kid," You told him.

Shanks frowned at the name and sighed, shaking his head, "Kid, huh. Jeez, why does he always have to pick fights with everyone?"

From the way he spoke of him, you guessed that Shanks knew him from somewhere. Perhaps an old friend?

When you asked him this, he immediately denied it. "Kid is someone I know. But I wouldn't go as far as to call him a friend of mine." He explained. "I don't know why, but he kinda hated me back then. Pretty sure he still does."

Kid. A name that you were to remember and a face that you now know to avoid. If the carefree and ever-smiling Shanks disapproves of this boy then, maybe, you should too.

A few weeks later, things were settling down a bit around the house. You would wake up to find Luffy gone along with his brothers for some private affair and it became a routine for you nowadays to eat breakfast with your red haired brother.

Things were never quiet with just the two of you in the house either.

Shanks would play games with you to keep your mind distracted from Law. A single mention of his name would immediately remind you that he was no longer around. And he hated to see you go back into isolation.

You loved Shanks' company. His personality completely contrasted Law's and that gave you a whole new view about certain things, as Law had a cold personality and prefers to keep away from others; Shanks was friendly and inviting.

"LUFFY! OPEN UP!!"

You and Shanks paused your game of snakes and ladders to look at the front door. Neither of you had expected a visitor and surely Luffy hadn't mentioned inviting someone over either.

"Stay here." Shanks instructed and cautiously walked towards the window. He blinked, seeing a man with green hair looking impatient.

"Luffy isn't here right now," He called out, making him look towards him. "Who are you?"

Ignoring the orders of your older brother, you gave in to curiosity and checked on the visitor through the other window. What you saw was the same green haired man, along with a scowling young child, standing just outside the door.

"I'm Luffy's friend. The name's Roronoa Zoro," The man replied. "Is he home? I need to talk to him about Doflamingo."

You gasped upon hearing the name of Law's captor. The boy beside him quickly looked over to the sound and saw you peeping through the curtains. His eyes were sharp and golden in color, kind of like a hawk.

"There's someone else in the house." He told Zoro and nodded over to your direction.

"Hmm? Oh, you must be (Name)!" Zoro smirked, waving a hand as soon as he saw you.

"That means that other one must be Shanks then." The boy frowned at Shanks like he was the enemy.

Shanks stuck his tongue out, "Bleeehh! What's it to you?"

You walked to the door and opened it, ignoring Shanks' protest against the idea. But they knew Luffy so it should be alright, right?

"Mihawk, try not to kill the kid," Zoro had to remind the boy with the golden eyes as he and Shanks began to glare. You shyly stepped away from them and guided Zoro to the living room.

"Daddy Luffy should be back any minute," You said, glancing at the clock. But as you turned back, strangely enough, Zoro was nowhere to be found.

You searched around the house for him and found him on the roof. He was scratching his head with an irritated scowl on his face. Once he noticed you on the ground, he huffed.

"Oi! Why did you lead me out here?!"

You tilt your head and frown at him, just as confused as he was. Either this man was stupid or he had the worse sense of direction you had ever seen.

An all too familiar voice spoke from behind you with a laugh, "Zoro, did you get lost again?"

Said man yelled back with a loud "NO!!" and when you rolled your head back to look at him, your vision was obscured by an orange cowboy hat.

"Hey, (Name), missed us?" Ace mused and picked you up. You giggled and pushed aside the hat so you could look at the three brothers.

"Why would I miss you when you always come back?" You stuck your tongue out at him. The little joke made him sulk a bit.

"Oi, oi... Don't say that, I'll cry..." He muttered glumly. You smiled, happy to have them home again.

Everyone headed inside the house to start an important discussion, although not after Luffy had to go up to the roof and get Zoro down. The four of them began a meeting of sorts, one that you couldn't resist eavesdropping over. Shanks and Mihawk had joined you by the staircase and listened in.

It turns out that the reason why Luffy had been leaving the house often was because he was searching for Law on his own. Ace had his friends from the mafia help by going out on their free time to locate Doflamingo's whereabouts. While Sabo busied himself between work and search for any information about the missing boy.

"How long had they been at this?" Shanks asked Mihawk.

"More or less, two weeks, I suppose." Mihawk answered with a bored expression.

When the meeting was over, you and the others waved goodbye to Zoro and Mihawk as they left for home. Although they hadn't found a single trace of Doflamingo as of yet, his whereabouts weren't what worried you at the moment.

If Doflamingo ever so much as hurt a single hair on Law's head, you were going to send him to hell yourself.