Bullies

After Shanks had become part of your family, you had started feeling better and better. You even started talking to Ace, Sabo, and Luffy again, although it did take a lot of convincing from Shanks to do it.

You sat there on the swing of the nearby playground and watched the other children play. The streets were quiet and you enjoyed it's silence with a smile.

"(Name)-chan, wanna go play in the sandbox?" Shanks peered at your face with a grin.

Ace bought him new clothes and the (once homeless) boy actually did look handsome when his face wasn't covered in grime and dirt. You looked over at him and nodded. "Sure, Shanks." You replied, flashing him a kind smile.

You were never really sure but, Shanks had a way of making you smile. Whenever you look at his face, the first thing you see is his carefree grin, and that alone made you curl your own lips into a grin of their own.

"Alright, don't go anywhere!" He said, running off back to the house. "I'll go get the bucket and shovel!"

"Okay!"

Watching him leave to get the toys, you waved him off, awaiting his short return.

It had been three weeks since his stay. However that didn't mean you forgot about Law, his silvery grey eyes would always appear in your mind. Not that you didn't like being around Shanks. But you've known Law since forever, and it hurt knowing that you might never see him again.

Shanks knew you missed him. He could tell from the sad expression on your face whenever you thought nobody was looking. So he asked you to come with him on a rescue mission and seeing the bright smile on your face made him feel like he was doing something right for once in his life.

However, when you and Shanks decided to sneak out of the house to go rescue him the other week, the entire area had been abandoned.

Sabo and Ace both scolded the two of you that night and grounded you for a week for sneaking out into dangerous territory. It was meant to be a month but Shanks somehow miraculously convinced them to shorten the span.

You sighed.

Law was gone.

You had locked yourself in your room again after that and cried yourself to sleep. Waking up the next morning, you were met with the eyes of a tired father who had stayed up all night to make sure you were okay. He placed his precious straw hat on your head and hugged you until the tears stopped streaming down your cheeks.

He told you not to give up hope and that Law would definitely come back someday.

So you held on to those words and started waiting for Law to come back home.

"Oi, shrimp, get out," A voice broke you out of your thoughts and you looked up to see a boy with fiery red hair.

Literally.

His hair was sticking up and was all over the place.

"Kid, I think you should take easy on this one." A blonde boy told him. His hair was wild and he had full bangs that completely covered his eyes.

Kid scoffed, obviously annoyed with his friend's statement, and pushed you off the swing. You landed on your back, hitting your head in the process, and started crying. "That hurt!!" You exclaimed and sat up, frowning at them.

"Do I look like I give a damn?" Kid said, raising an eyebrow, expression blank.

The blonde just sighed and did nothing, however he gave you an apologetic look for the actions of his rude hotheaded friend.

Kid sat down and began to swing. You huffed and got up, rubbing the back of your head from the pain.

"Oi! (Name)!"

You hummed and looked over, seeing Luffy running towards you with a frown.

"Daddy Luffy? What's wrong?" You asked.

Luffy gently patted your head and turned to Kid with a frown. "Hey! Apologize to (Name)!" He shouted.

Kid tsk-ed at him and gave him a cold glare, "Why the hell should I?"

"Because you pushed her off the swing!" Luffy argued and pointed at the swing he was sitting on. "There was an empty one next to yours but you pushed her off and sat on that one! So apologize to her!"

You gasped, Luffy saw all that?

You thought he never even paid any attention to you, or anyone for that matter.

Kid got off the swing, walked over to Luffy, and kicked him in the shin. You sweat dropped as your dad (which you aren't even sure anymore if he's an adult or not) started hopping on one foot and holding his knee, yelping in pain.

"Kid, what are you doing!?" His friend cried.

"Shut up, Killer!" Kid yelled, annoyed. He shot you one last glare before turning around and stomping away, Killer following closely behind him.

You tore your gaze away from the two boys and looked back at Luffy. He was pouting childishly at them. This made you laugh a bit.

"Thank you, Daddy Luffy!" You smiled and gave him a big hug. Luffy looked down at you, still pouting, and made a small sniffling sound as if he was tearing up.

"(Naaaame)! That kid bullied me!" He wailed.

You sweat dropped again, "Ehh... But isn't it because I was bullied that you came over? Why are you crying?"