The Kiddie Crew

(A/N)
This chapter is dedicated to Luluscookie

Thanks for caring.

---

More meetings occurred in the living room the next few weeks. That meant more people came into the house everyday, some familiar ones; others a new face. Shanks and Mihawk became good rivals during those occasional visits. They would compete in almost everything while you were somehow roped into becoming their referee.

By the end of the month you've made some good friends now with kids other than Law. That's a first.

There was Zeff, a blonde boy who liked to abuse his dad with kicks to the head. He lost his leg in an accident a few years ago and had to replace it with a metal one. At first you were terrified of him, but he seemed like an okay kid after a while. Plus, he cooks you delicious food while the adults were busy with the meetings.

Bellemere was a fighter and peacekeeper. But she was way scarier than the boys. You always thought it was because of her style. She had pink hair and wears it in a ponytail with the sides shaved. However Bellemere loved to dote on you, so you weren't really afraid of her. She was like an older sister keeping everyone in check.

Lastly there was Nico Olvia, the biological daughter of Nico Robin. Luffy, Sabo, Ace and Robin were good friends for a long time so Olvia was well acquainted with the three brothers. Olvia was the level-headed one in the group and the only one besides you who didn't join in a fight.

As the more frequent the meetings became, the more you began to feel comfortable around other people. The adults even allowed their kids to sleep over sometimes while knowing their search would last until late night.

So Bellemere and Olvia slept in your room while the boys slept in Shanks' room. Everything was going fine and well until the howling winds of a storm woke you up from another dream.

"Don't worry. I won't let them hurt you." Law's voice echoed in your mind. There were so many things you wanted to know concerning the fuzzy hat boy. Where was he? Is he okay?

Summer was nearly over and everyone had been diligently searching for him. The police were involved as well. A man named Coby was helping Luffy with the missing child case. He seemed like a sweet and kind man when you first met him, reassuring you whenever you felt sad.

What did Law do to anger Doflamingo? Was it so bad that it required kidnapping? Law never told you much about his past so there was little to think about. But you knew that he was extremely protective of you, like you were someone special to him. Did Law even miss you as much as you miss him?

You sat up, cheeks stained with dry tears, and looked around the dim room. Toys scattered the floor from your games with Bellemere and Olvia of the previous night, and now they just lay there on the carpeted floor waiting to be picked up. The futon where they slept were both empty and there was no sign of either girls in the room with you.

The stuffed bear that Hancock had given you was sitting on the opposite side of the bed, staring at you with beady eyes and that sewed on smile.

As your small and delicate hand reached out to take it, the door to your room creaked open. "(Name)?" Shanks called out with a gentle smile. His hair was a mess which meant he had just woken up as well.

"Mmhmm?" You answered, hugging the teddy bear and hiding in the blanket. A bright streak of light flashed from the sky, making you scream as the ensuing clap of thunder sounded.

Shanks calmly walked to the window and closed the curtains. The room dimmed more as he did, so he turned on the night light to brighten the room a bit.

"Heh, I figured you'd be scared." He mused and crawled into bed next to your cowering form. Your claws had extended and were digging into the teddy bear's stomach. You didn't mind the rain that much, but a storm was a completely different thing.

You tried to ignore the noise outside and looked over at Shanks. "Did Luffy find him yet?" You asked, flinching after hearing a low rumble of thunder.

"Well, no, not yet." Shanks pursed his lips as he scooted closer to you. "But Boa seemed pretty determined to find him. Saying something about killing whoever kidnapped her junior club member or something like that."

"Heh, she's a funny girl." You remarked with a smile, recalling the day you first had met.

Hancock had been spoiling you with gifts after she found out that Law had been missing, and used her connections to help spread out the search. Meetings had been increasingly loud whenever she came by the house.

Shanks petted your head in comfort. A knock on the door made the both of you look over to find Bartolomeo standing at the doorway with a tray carrying hot chocolate.

"(Name)-senpai! Shanks-senpai! I brought some refreshments!" He cooed as he brought the mugs over to the bed.

"Hey, thanks, Barty!" Shanks laughed, taking the mugs from the tray and handing one to you.

Bartolomeo had always been a curious one to you. He was a few years older than you were, about fourteen or so, but he had this weird habit of calling you -senpai. Not to mention his wild mane of green hair, sharp teeth, and piercings. It sort of weirded you out, but Shanks seemed to like it though.

"Drink while it's hot, the weather report said that it'll keep pouring today." Bartolomeo said.

"As always, thanks for thinking of us," Shanks sipped the drink and sighed in content. "You know you don't have to wait us like a butler though, right?"

Shanks grinned at him as he said this. That was another thing about Bartolomeo that weirded you out. He serves you like a mistress. There was honestly nothing wrong with him wanting to wait on your hand and foot, but it made you feel like you were using him. It just didn't feel right.

"Oh, by the way," Barty snapped his fingers like he had just remembered something. Then he looked at you with a confused and worried frown. "(Name)-senpai, there's a boy outside looking for you."

You blink confused and glanced at Shanks. Other than the kids you know currently staying in this house, there was no other boy you were familiar with.

According to Barty, the boy wouldn't leave until he got to speak with you. "I tried threatening him but it didn't work like it usually does," Barty huffed.

"There's a boy looking for me...?" You murmured to yourself, thinking of only one name in mind. You quickly finished half of your hot chocolate before getting up and heading downstairs.

Shanks and Barty exchanged a look then followed after you. Still clutching the teddy bear, you raced down the stairs and passed Zeff on the way.

"Eh? Hey, what's going on?" He looked confused as he stared at the three running for the door.

You grabbed the doorknob and twisted it. But the front door swung open and slammed against your face, knocking you backwards.

"(Name)!!!" Shanks and the others yelled out in panic. The sound of the back of your head hitting the floor made everyone fall dead silent. Seconds later Bellemere and Barty angrily tackled the culprit, only for him to dodge them too easily.

"Law..." Your vision began to blurr and everyone's voices soon faded as you slowly fell unconscious.