Cruci-Fiction In Space

Chapter 8 - Cruci-Fiction In Space

{Six months later…}

Jessie sighed as she read the text from Twiggy again.

Come over now. I need to fix something that should never have broken!

Jessie remained in her car, parked but still running, out the front of Twiggy’s house. He wasn’t usually this cryptic… so she was concerned about what he was up to. With a resigned sigh, she shut of the engine and clambered out of her car, locking it as she walked up the path to the front door.

She’d only just lifted her hand to knock when the front door flew open and Twiggy tugged her inside. He shut the door, turned, and enveloped her in a bone-crushing hug. Jessie smiled and hugged him back…she’d missed him a lot.

“What’s this about, Jeordie?” Jessie asked, her voice hushed, figuring something was wrong.

Twiggy released her from their hug and took a step back. “Don’t be mad…” he began and she felt her heart nearly stop.

“What have you done?” Jessie forced herself to breathe…she couldn’t move…

“He’s falling apart!” Twiggy nearly shouted. “He’s writing songs about you…dreaming about you…and he’ll be here any second…”

“Twiggy…” Jessie voice shook, uncertain eyes darting from her friend to the door.

“Please…just see him…talk to him…” Twiggy pleaded. “It can’t hurt to try, Jessie.” He paused, tone becoming stern. “I think you owe him that much at least…considering how he saw you last time…” he flinched, waiting for Jessie to snap at him.

She sighed. “Perhaps…” she shifted nervously. “But…I don’t know if…” she grimaced, thinking of things they’d said to each other…and a thought occurred to her. “Does he know I’m here?”

“No.” Twiggy replied flatly as three sharp raps sounded against his front door. “Go into the living room…I want to at least get him inside before he throws a fit at you knowing he’s still madly in love with you…and that you’re here…”

Jessie made a face as she walked into Twiggy’s living room and leant against the back of his comfy sofa, looking around as she heard the two men exchange greetings. The room was exactly the same as when…Jessie closed her eyes and grimaced, an all too familiar pain beginning to tear its way through her heart again.

“So what was this about fixing something that should never have broken?” Jessie’s eyes snapped open as she heard Marilyn’s voice.

She saw him at the same time he saw her…and they both froze. Jessie gulped timidly, terrified of his reaction…but none came. He just stood there, staring at her blankly.

“I’m going to leave you two be.” Twiggy sighed. “And I’ve locked every door in the house, so you’re not going anywhere until you’ve sorted this out!” he continued as he stomped off.

Jessie bit her lip, eyes still locked with Marilyn’s. When she finally spoke, her voice was as timid and shy as the first time they’d been left alone together. “Hi…”

Her voice seemed to pull him out of his shocked state. He frowned a little as he replied. “Hey…” he paused. “Did you know about him doing this?”

Jessie shook her head and looked at the floor. “No. he hit me with the fact you’d turn up any second just after he tugged me through his front door…”

Marilyn chuckled a little. “Well…that’s Twiggy for you.”

Jessie smirked at the floor, just happy Marilyn wasn’t angry. She sighed. “Marilyn, I-”

“I’m sorry.” Jessie looked up, confused by his apology.

“For what?” she asked, raising an eyebrow. “You already apologised for what happened…I see no need for you to do it again.”

“Well, I think I do…” he shrugged and came to stand beside her. “I acted like an arse…and you deserved better…I could blame it on anything, but…” he trailed off, shrugging. “There’s no excuse for my pressuring you into things…or any of it. So, I’m sorry…very, very, sorr-”

“Marilyn, shhh!” Jessie smiled and put a finger to his lips, silencing him. “Stop apologising…I forgave you months ago…you’ve not had the easiest life.” She sighed, placing her hands in her pockets. “We all crave love, emotional and physical…so, I understand the way you were thinking at the time.”

“Still…” he made a disgruntled face, but smiled a little when she punched his arm lightly. “Oi!”

“Oi, yourself!” Jessie smiled. “And, forgive and forget…” she looked down again, her voice becoming barely audible. “I did…”

***

Marilyn froze. “You…you did?” memories of what her friend had done, what he’d done…and her and Chris kissing.

“It’s better than holding onto all that shit and letting either weigh you down or letting your mind twist events to make you feel guilty or feel like it’s your own fault or that you deserved it all…” Jessie looked up at him, her smile actually reaching her eyes. “I felt so much better after I started letting all that shit go…”

“So…” he grimaced slightly. “So, you and Chris…you two have…” he trailed off, watching Jessie’s reaction closely. She smiled a little and his heart all but stopped.

He saw Jessie blush. “Well…” her smile turned shy. “Yeah…”

“Did…” Marilyn looked away, uncertain how personal a question he would be able to ask. “Was it everything you’d… hoped?” he flinched slightly as she looked at him.

“Honestly?” he raised an eyebrow when she shrugged. “The first time we did…I was just hoping it wouldn’t hurt.”

Marilyn turned away, growling quietly to himself through clenched teeth. “First time…”

“Yes.” Marilyn jumped and looked back at Jessie. “I’ve been with Chris more than once. I’m with him. I’ve nothing to be ashamed of in that regard…” she paused and he could see the anger rising in her eyes. “And I don’t see why you should be so damned cross! You don’t really have a say in-”

Marilyn took a hold of her arm and pulled her forward, silencing Jessie with a fierce, searing kiss. ‘Please…’  he thought desperately. ‘Please let her still love me…’  Marilyn felt her stiffen…and then melt into him and he smiled into the kiss as he deepened it. ‘Maybe there is a God…’

***

Jessie felt herself melt into his embrace, his kiss searing right down to her bones. Oh, God…why does something so wrong have to feel so right?’

__________________________________________________

Hey Guys! As promised, chapter 8 is here!! So, thoughts? Comment, vote and follow!!

Love to you all!

               Shan~Leigh