GodeatGod

Chapter 1 – Godeatgod

It had been a long day. She and the band, the recently discovered ‘Saints Talons’, had been recording songs for their second album all day. She was tired, but had agreed to go with Ozzy to the after party of a gig of a friend of his. What Ozzy had failed to mention was that the gig had been…Marilyn Manson. She’d ask him why she needed to be here later…he’d vanished as soon as they’d gone through the door.

That party was behind her, inside the lushly decorated room off which was a balcony on which she now stood. She closed her eyes, enjoying the feeling of the cool night breeze against the bare skin of her arms and face, as she leant against the railing. She heard two, incredibly feminine voices join her on the balcony and she opened her eyes to look at them. Yep, very Goth. Just her kind of people. They both looked over at her and smiled slightly and she smiled back.

“Hey,” she waved a hand at them both non-committedly, gesturing to the door behind them all. “Bit stuffy, huh?”

“Yeah, a bit.” The one with purple streaks through her hair replied. “Hi, I’m Jessica…this is Magenta.”

She pointed to herself. “Jessie.”

She watched the two giggle, whispering to themselves for a moment, fangirling like all fans did once in a while. She couldn’t really blame them. That was Marilyn-freaking-Manson in there!

Magenta finally spoke to Jessie. “What’s your favourite song?”

Jessie frowned momentarily. “Ever or from just the new album?”

“New album.” Magenta replied, a nervous smile on her face.

“Probably Disposable Teens.” Jessie smirked to herself, remembering the first time she’d heard the song…blasting it in her car.

Both girls squealed with excitement after a moments conferring. “You’re…Jessie Talon…from Saints Talons…right?” Jessica was grinning from ear to ear.

Jessie looked away, she was still getting used to total strangers recognising her. “Yeah, I am.” She jumped slightly when both girls shouted ‘Oh my God!’ in unison, and chuckled. “Thanks.”

They took a few steps towards her, and the balcony they were stood on…jolted. Jessie listened to the supports groan and felt the balcony shudder again. The girls screamed.

“Oh, God, what was that?!” Jessica clung to the railing beside Jessie, terrified.

“No one…move…” Jessie held her hands out in a none-confrontational manner, surprised when they listened. She could hear a beeping sound…it sounded like…

“Jessie!” she looked at the doorway and saw Ozzy about to step outside.

“No!” her hand shot out towards him as the beeping quickened and stopped.

***

“I loved The Nobodies…but I couldn’t figure out who it was about…” the girl looked at him, terrified.

He shrugged. “No one in particular.” He was lying, but this girl didn’t need to know the truth.

“Marilyn!” He heard Ozzy call his name from somewhere behind him and he turned.

“Hey Ozzy.” Marilyn gave a half smile. “Wasn’t expecting you to show after I didn’t see you before the gig.”

“I had to grab someone.” Ozzy grinned idiotically. “But we did see the show.”

“We?” Marilyn asked sceptically.

Ozzy’s grin widened. “There’s someone I think you should meet.”