Disposable Teens

Chapter 4 – Disposable Teens

Jessie smiled. Twiggy was attempting his fifth hand stand. ‘And…yep, he’s landed flat on his arse…again!’ she shook her head as she chuckled lightly. “C’mon you, enough.”

“No, I can get this.” Twiggy fumed, standing again. “If you can do it with dodgy knees…then I can do it on normal ones!” he shouted as he attempted to do another hand stand, only to fall on his face.

“You’ll hurt yourself, mate!” Jessie cooed as she helped him up again. “Besides, I’d rather have our planned hang out slash movie night here with you at your place, rather than in hospital like the last time I saw you!”

“Fair enough.” Twiggy laughed. “Oh…we may not be entirely alone tonight…”

“Oh?” Jessie smirked. “Sarah coming around?”

“No, she’s in Los Angeles…business meeting or something…she did tell me…” Twiggy frowned and scratched his head as he thought.

“You doing an impression of a deranged cartoon character?” Jessie raised a cocky eyebrow at him. “Or just a chimp?”

Twiggy mock glared. “Right! That’s it!” he grinned and hoisted Jessie over his shoulder. “Gotcha!”

“No!” Jessie squealed, glad she’d worn jeans and not a skirt. “Put me down!”

“Certainly!” Twiggy replied, but she could hear the wicked smile in his voice. “Ah, Marilyn! Where should I put Jessie down? The pool, perhaps?”

“No!” Jessie screeched. “No! Don’t you dare!” Twiggy turned towards the pool and now Jessie could see Marilyn. “Help!” she pleaded with him as Twiggy walked slowly towards his pool. “Please, Marilyn! Help me!” she saw him smirk at her and she sobered a little. “Brian… help!”

His expression changed so quickly Jessie wasn’t even sure she’d seen it right. He strode towards her and Twiggy and around. Jessie sighed, glad she was no longer being chucked in the pool…but also glad the Marilyn had decided to ‘save’ her… why did that feeling seem so familiar? Lie he’d tried to save her before…but he hadn’t…there hadn’t been a situation she’d been in where she needed saving and he was around…maybe she’d dreamt it…

“Put her down, Jeordie.” Jessie heard Marilyn order.

“No, I don’t think I will now that you want her.” Twiggy replied casually. “I think I’ll keep her away from the guy that wants into her pants.”

“He doesn’t.” Jessie rolled her eyes at her friend. “He’s just aiding the…damsel in distress.” Jessie groaned. She hadn’t sounded nearly as convincing as she’d hoped. “Please put me down…I’d rather watch movies…and not be over your shoulder…”

“I can’t tell if that’s denial or not.” Jessie heard the smirk in Twiggy’s voice. “Alright, here you go then!”

Jessie felt Twiggy shift her in his arms…but not to put her down. She squealed, eyes tight shut, as she fell backwards and away from Twiggy. Jessie felt a pair of strong arms catch her, readjusting to hold her better. Her eyes flew open and her cheeks went scarlet. Twiggy had dumped her into Marilyn’s arms…who was now carrying her, bridal style, towards the back door.

Jessie wrapped an arm around Marilyn’s shoulders so as to take a little of her weight herself, looking behind them at Twiggy. “Jerk.” She mumbled.

Marilyn chuckled quietly. “He means well…” he paused. “And you don’t have to do that… you barely weigh anything.” He frowned down at Jessie. “Do you eat?!”