Meeting Him - Chapter 2

So this was quite long to be honest, i wanted to meet her brother but also wanted to bring the boys into it too so its quite long. 

___________________

Its 5AM, the bags under my eyes aren’t even a laughing matter. I yawned before yet again rolling out of bed. I showered last night to save time; I got my joggers and plain shirt before quickly changing and throwing my hair into a messy bun. I didn’t bother with any makeup seeing as I would be sleeping on the plane anyway ... a 24 hour flight. Oh.

I walked downstairs to be greeted by dad making a cup of tea.

“Morning Wren. You excited?” he asked pouring the boiling water into the cup.

“Yeah, just really tired. I just want to get there.” I yawned.

Dad had also made me toast ready for the day ahead, we were already in the car on the way to Liverpool airport a couple of hours from my home.

When we finally arrived at the airport dad walked me straight to the luggage check and waited in the cafe until my plane was called out.

“Listen, you enjoy yourself okay? Bonding time with your mum and brother is just what you need.” He smiled kissing my cheek.

I smiled back before walking to departure and getting on the plane. A gruelling plane ride still to come.

----

I was awoken by a small shake to my shoulders, I opened my eyes and looked to my side where a young woman was shaking me awake letting me know the plane was about to land.  I smiled in response before walking off the plane once it had landed and walked straight to the luggage pick up.  Once I’d picked up my luggage I waited in the cafe where dad had said mum was waiting.

“Wren?” a blonde woman asked ... mum. “Wren!” she screamed hugging me.

“Mum!” I screamed back squeezing tightly.

“You’ve grown so much Wren, you’re brother will be so happy!” she exclaimed helping my carry my thing to her car.

“He doesn’t know I’m here?” I asked heaving everything into the boot.

“No, it’s a surprise; he thinks you’re coming next week not today. Honestly his reaction will be worth it.” She laughed before unlocking the car.

We were driving down small neighbourhood lanes, Sydney was a pretty place. Memories came flooding back as we stopped right outside our house, nothing had changed at all.

“Nothing’s changed.” I smiled getting out of the car.

“No, we’ve never thought about changing it really. The neighbours haven’t changed either.”

 “Luke, remember?  I know you didn’t talk much and forgetting his name is simple. But this will be great for you, he’ll be back soon.” She replied.

“Can I shower and things before he gets here?” I asked.

“Sure thing, your room is the first one when you walk up the stairs, an ensuite also and I’ll take your things in now.” She kissed my cheek softly before walking out.

I trotted into my room opening the oak door, my jaw almost hitting the floor.

The floor was wooden, 3 of the 4 walls were pained cream, and then the final wall opposite the door was aqua blue with roses print with a queen sized bed placed in front of it. There was a small desk which had a computer resting on it with a remote which controlled the television on the wall. The windows surrounding the room showed the views of the beaches, the beaches we would run down forgetting out worries. There was a door in the room; I opened it to reveal a small purple ensuite. I giggled slightly before taking a quick shower and getting ready to finally see my brother again.