Future

| ~ FUTURE - 20 years later ~ |

"Mom, come soon or we will be late for classes." Payal Prinja, Mahi's daughter had grown to be a rebellious but a wonderful daughter.

She followed her mom's footsteps of chilling out and got her 18inches long hair chopped off to a bob cut whit green streaks that complemented her chocolate brown eyes.

Payal got her first tattoo of a butterfly near her ankle at the age of sixteen with her grandmother. Her first tattoo was not just an accessory, the butterfly signified about the strong wings she had which no-body cut touch or chop. She was going to fly high in life; nobody could stop her from it.

People at her school used to call her with names but she didn't step down with their name callings. She had her own way of dealing with the shit-fuckers but never dared to let her mom about it.

Though Mahi never got married, the spot of the fatherly figure in her life was filled with Dev and his companion of 5 years who were planning to get married soon and settle somewhere else where the laws couldn't prevent them from getting tied down.

Payal had two fathers and two grandparents, what more did she need? Her mom was always there for her but made sure that she didn't spoil her too much.

"Your mom is getting old dear; you can't expect me to run do you?"

"Kajal ma is faster than you when she sees freebies. Get some strength classes from her."

Kajal was old and fragile but even at the age of 76, no one could stop her from running at the speed of light when she spotted freebies or discount offers.

"That woman is always sitting in a rocking chair with munchkin cat but the minute she spots a sale add on TV or newspaper, her bones magically stop aching. You know, last week I was called by the local authority because a maid spotted Kajal ma walking away with free sanitary pads from the public toilet. She stopped getting her period's ages ago! I wonder why she never behaves like a mature adult."

Payal couldn't control the laugh that escaped from her mouth upon hearing Kajal's antics. She was not her real grandmother but she loved her very much.

"Whose turn it is to ride the bike today?"

Mahi had gifted her daughter a Royal Enfield bike on her eighteenth birthday but she drove it more than her.

"Just drive it ma, you don't have to fake pretend with me anymore." Mahi felt a bit embarrassed but she didn't waste another moment of their time as they were getting late for a very important function.

Payal hopped on behind her mother and wrapped a dupatta between them because her mother was a very dangerous rider and a threat to the public.

"Try not to break any signals or hit someone."

"Have I ever? Learn something from your momma; she only scares people...nothing less, nothing more."

Payal put on her Ray-Ban shades then screamed a 'GO' that pumped up her mother's adrenaline to a notch that sent them gliding through the streets like a Fast and Furious action scene.

~

"MAHI MA'AM! PAYAL! YOU MADE IT ON TIME."

Elizabeth, a 25-year-old adult with cherry red hair and purple colored eyes jumped onto Payal and Mahi not caring about the people who were openly gaping at the colorful women.

"I thought we would come fashionably late but oh well, maybe next time."

The moment Mahi stepped inside; she was greeted by loud noises and tiny size bodies that kept rolling on the ground like footballs.