02|| Chance

| ~ 2 Chance ~ |

"Mein tumhare bacche ki maa banne waali hun" (I am going to be the mother of your child)

"KYA"

"KYA"

"KYA"

The soap actors dramatically twisted their head three times. Why was he overreacting? It was not like he wouldn't have inserted his rod inside her or else how could she have ended up getting pregnant then?

Stupid people, they don't want to let the world know that they had sex but behind the rooms, they would be sex starved crazy bunnies.

Cursing at the actors on the screen she kept switching on to a new channel. The stars were having the time of their life for every channel that she surfed on the female leads had randomly decided to declare that she was pregnant.

"COULDN'T YOU ALL GET PREGNANT SOME OTHER DAY? WHY DO YOU RUB IT ON THE FACES OF PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING FOR A CHILD. OF ALL THE 365 DAYS IN A YEAR ALL YOUR HORNY CHICKS HAD TO GET PREGNANT AT THE SAME TIME."The remote banged against the TV screen leaving a huge dent at the side of it.

Frustrated at everything around her she was about to smash her TV when she saw the change in channel and the movie that was being in front of her that made her want to smack herself for not getting the idea at the first place.

Vicky donor.

"Why did I not think of this before? Let me do some research on it!"

Logging into her ancient but dependable laptop, she went to Google and researched about the Pros and Con's about going to a sperm bank to get herself pregnant. A new ray of hope made her heart beat a little faster with the idea of becoming a mother.

The whole night she didn't get a wink of sleep for she was circling the in and outs about the Sperm banks in her area. She went as far as checking out if there were any review forums that would give her an idea about the chances of getting pregnant. She decided to take the next day off for time was very precious and her biological clock was not going to wait for her. She feared that her eggs would get rotten if left untouched and it was better to crack them up as soon as she could.

"I can't wait for tomorrow to come." For the first time in many years, Mahi was looking forward to the new day to come with a bright smile on her face. Things were about to change... for better or for worse.

~

'Sector 77, Dilwale sperm bank?' The auto-driver gaped at Mahi then shook his head saying that he doesn't want to be seen in such a place.

Some of the drivers were ready to take her to the sector but they were charging her for an absurd price of thrice the normal rate. If only her 7-year-old baby, her precious Honda Activa had not decided to stop working then nothing of this sort would have happened.

"Why can't life find someone else to troll rather than giving me a hard time?"

"Madam, itni dher se mooh phula ke kyun khade ho?" (Ma'am, why are you standing with a sullen face since a long time?)

Mahi was shocked when she came face to face with a female auto-driver. She had never seen a female driver in her life. It was a rare moment for her to see such a sight in this country.

"Mu...mujhe sperm bank jaana hai magar koi driver jaane ko taiyar nahi hai. Jo tayyiyar hai, who bahut jyada paise maan rahe hai." (I...I want to go to a sperm bank but no driver is ready to take me. The ones who are read are charging a lot of money)

The lady just smiled at her and asked her to hop in as she was going to take her to the sperm bank on meter charges.

"Thank you."

Mahi felt obliged to thank her, no one had ever been this caring or kind to her other than Kajal but that was a different case as Kajal loved Mahi as she was a cost effective person.

Something better than nothing, at least someone out there thinks of me as useful and can't wait for my presence.

"If you don't mind, may I ask why you are going to a sperm bank?" the driver looked at her through the window with curious eyes. There was not a single hint of judgment in them.

"To get pregnant"

The lady laughed at her obvious answer and asked her if her man was infertile or because she had a female partner that made it difficult to conceive.

"Oh no, no, nothing like that. I am single and I want to have a child of my own without doing the procedure to get pregnant."

Mahi didn't realize how absurd her answer was till she had heard it from her own mouth but thankfully the lady driver didn't pass a remark in her direction which gave her a sense of relief.

"If you don't mind me asking, why did you become a driver?"

"Madam, No one was willing to give a proper job to a lady with no education. There were so many odd jobs with less pay and more work which meant that I couldn't have time for my daughter. I don't feel like asking money from my parents as they live in a small village and the crops haven't given flourishing produce. My husband works as a watchman for some MNC in the outskirts of the city but we managed to send our daughter to a good Pubic school. She has only thought us English."

The way she said 'Daughter' with a bright smile on her face made Mahi realized the essence of having a child. Could she really become a mother and have a family to call her as own? Would her child also go to some good educational institute then teach her new things?

The rest of the ride went in a peaceful silence. Her senses came to a jolt upon reaching the place in less than 10 minutes.

"75 Rupees"

Feeling generous enough she handed over a 100 Rupee note and asked her to keep the change.

People were trying to dupe her with a higher price yet here she was, willingly giving away a few extra Rupees just because she felt generous and wanted to repay the driver with a sense of gratitude. Life sure does work in a funny way.

"Here goes nothing... Jai Bajrang Bali"

This was her one and only chance of becoming a mother, it was a big risk that came with a lot of 'What ifs' but what's the use of not taking a risk and wishing for things to just magically happen? It's not like she could just walk on a road and 'accidentally' fall down which would lead to her magically getting pregnant.

Each step she took towards the sperm bank made her heart beat faster, her throat was going dry and she felt like running away. No one was staring at her yet she felt a sense of discomfort.

Was I doing the right thing? Will I regret it later? What if something goes wrong? I so badly wish that someone was here right next to me. Should I go back home and re-think about my decision? Maybe I had rushed up without thinking through it.