Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here—

"Love is the most beautiful thing to have, hardest thing to earn and most painful thing to lose." - Unknown

Tristan's POV

She loves me. Yes! Stella loves me.

It was the best news I'd ever heard. I wanted to jump, so high, until my head would hit the ceiling. But I decided to remain calm and refrain myself from running towards Stella and swinging her up in my arms. Her parents were there and I didn't want to embarrass her.

Stella was staring at me. Her eyes were teary and her lips parted in surprise. Dang it! I made her so worried.

But I couldn't help in awe of how lovely she was. Everytime I see her, she got more and more beautiful. Even at the state she was in at that moment – very emotional.

"Tristan."

Heat punched below my belly when she said my name. Damn. I was like a hormonal teenage boy.

"Stella."

"You're late."

"I can explain."

I moved closer to her and she did the same. My eyes were riveted on her. We met in the center of the living room and we just continued staring at each other.

"I heard you."

"Oh..." She blushed and glanced uneasily behind her shoulder.

"Is it true?"

"Umm... yeah." She chewed on her lower lip and stole a look at me.

Yes!

I was elated with happiness. More than surviving in a near death - which actually happened twenty four hours ago.

I took a long deep breath and looked at her parents who were standing behind her. There was nothing I would like to do at that moment than held her in my arms and kissed her so deeply. If only we were alone.

"You made me so happy."

"Okay." She smiled and extended her left hand. I instantly took it and held her palm on my cheek, stealing a kiss on it.

I smiled back and her smile widened. We were smiling at each other and laughing like there was something funny. I guess, we were just overwhelmed with happiness.

I heard Stella's dad cough. Stella and I immediately turned our attention to her parents.

"Good evening sir." I made a little bow to Stella's father then shook his hand. I turned to her mom and greeted her. "Hello, Mrs. Valiente. Nice to see you again."

Mrs. Valiente smiled. "I'm glad you're okay, Tristan. You made our daughter so worried."

"Sorry about that." I made a swift glance to Stella who moved beside me and put a hand on my arm. I pulled her closer to my side and laced her fingers with mine. "We had a little problem with the plane. But it's working fine now."

Mr. Valiente just nodded his head. Being also an airline operator, he knew that little problems are exactly critical ones. He wouldn't like to add more worries on Stella.

***

"What happened to your plane?" Stella asked immediately when I sat down at the driver seat of my car.