Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here—

"I love you, not because of what you have but because of what I feels...

I care for you, not because you need care but because I want to...

I'm always here for you, not because I want you to be with me, but because...

I want to be with you." – from: aboutalllovequotes.blogspot.com

Tristan's POV

*** Wellington, New Zealand

"How could you Tristan! I came here in New Zealand, all the way from England and you wouldn't allow me to get inside your building... And that bodyguards of yours, they disrespected me! Why are you treating me like this? I'm your mother for heaven's sake!"

"My mother is dead." I snapped at Marilyn who was standing infront me.

"Okay, I may not be your mother by blood, but still, you are my stepson."

I put down my pen and leaned back on my chair. "What do you want?"

"I miss you... and Kobe misses you. Can we just be together like we used to be. We're family."

I smirked and rubbed my chin. Didn't she know Kobe's secret yet? He reconnected with me. He visited me here in New Zealand last summer while Marilyn was in Singapore with her latest boytoy.

"Cut the drama, Marilyn. I'm busy. Say what you want and leave."

"You are becoming disrespectful!"

"Respect is earned, not given. The way you treated me when I was a kid... I could say that you don't deserve my respect."

She heaved a sigh then flung her arms in the air. Then she sat down on the couch which was facing my office table, still so poise and classy like a trophy wife. Her head held high and a sarcastic smile was plastered on her face.

I assessed her appearance. I hardly recognized her when she entered the office. She looked so different from the last time I saw her. Kobe told me that she underwent too many plastic surgeries just to look younger, but it turned out the opposite.

Marilyn cleared her throat and smiled sweetly.

"Tristan, I'm sorry if I was hard on you before. I just did what was best for you. I want to discipline you... you know... motherly instinct. I always treat you as my very own son. I loved you dad and I learned to love you too."

I smirked. That was the most funny statement I've ever heard. I knew Marilyn so much. She couldn't fool me anymore. "How much money do you need?"

"Money?"

"Yes. Money. That's why you're here." I blurted.

She frowned, then gave me a sad expression. "I... I don't need money."

"Really? So what do you want. Tender loving care? Either you need money or you're sick and about to die. You want forgiveness for all your sins cause you're afraid to go to hell and face Lucifer. Tell me... which is which?"

"You're so harsh!" She glared angrily at me now. The old Marilyn I knew was back – looking at me like an evil queen.

I looked at my watch and said. "Your five minutes is up. Just send my best regards to Kobe. Goodbye Marilyn." I stood up and headed to the adjoining room leading to the boardroom.