Chapter Four

Chapter Four (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here—

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you STRENGTH, while loving someone deeply gives you COURAGE."   -  wordbypicture.com

Tristan's POV

"Stop crying man, there's nothing that you can do about it." My second cousin, Eros Petrakis consoled me. "We're here for you. We're you're family."

"Don't worry Tristan. We won't leave you alone. We love you." Eros sister, Chloe said, patting her small hand on my arm.

" Eros sister, Chloe said, patting her small hand on my arm

We were at the attic of our mansion in New York. I was crying so hard. I'd never felt so miserable and alone in my whole life.

I was seventeen years old at that time. I just learned that my parents died, together in a car accident – in Paris.

I was shocked, as well as everyone in our family – Marilyn especially, that my dad Richard Latsis and my mom, his ex-wife, Belle Chandler Stewart started seeing each other again, a few months ago before their tragic accident.

Marilyn was hysterical and freaking out. Her spirit was broken, as well as her heart – she felt so deceived. The house was in chaos after she destroyed everything that she saw and had her hands on - her collection of antique vases, paintings, furnitures and china wares. Dad's collection of very expensive wines and vintage cars.

Her immediate family took her to the hospital, for the medical attention she badly needed. They also took my younger brother, Kobe, who was ten years old at that time.

The Petrakis family helped me. My uncle, Markos Petrakis and his wife, Aunt Nina took care of everything. From sending the bodies of my parents – my father to New York and my mother to New Zealand. They also took care of the wake of my father, the funeral arrangements, then coordinating with the lawyer for the reading of the will.

My stepmother, Marilyn didn't attend the funeral, as well as my brother, Kobe. I heard that they left the country. Marilyn couldn't accept the fact that her beloved husband betrayed her. That he went back to his ex-wife and died with her in his arms.

I remembered when Marilyn looked at me, after she heard the news.

I felt her anger – her rage and fury.

I felt her murderous eyes on me, blazing like fire.

But I was immune. She never ever softened her heart on me. Even at that time I saved Kobe from being bitten by a stray dog. She never thanked me. I was just lucky that the dog didn't have any rabies.

Twice I told dad about Marilyn's attitude towards me. But he just nodded and told me to be a good boy and act like a man – and I always remembered that.