Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (UNEDITED)

--Kindly put your playlist here-

"The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it..." - Nicholas Sparks

***Three years later***

Tristan

"She's beautiful, right?" I heard my uncle, Markos Petrakis said behind me.

"Yeah." I smiled, watching my cousin, Eros danced with Stella in the dancefloor.

"Eros will marry Stella someday."

What!? Did I hear him right?

I suddenly felt like being splashed with cold water. I didn't know that there was something going on between Eros and Stella. When did this happen?

"Really?"

"Of course." Uncle Markos tapped my shoulder.

"Eros didn't tell me that Stella is his girlfriend."

He laughed. "Nothing's going on between them. Not yet."

"What do you mean?" I insisted.

"Well... Eros and Stella were arranged to get married."

The moment I found out about Stella's arranged marriage with Eros still lingered in my mind - and that even happened three years ago. I couldn't help it, especially tonight, because after three years, I would see Stella again.

It was Mia's twenty first birthday.

I didn't have a choice but to be here in our California mansion for her dinner party. Because I was absent on her last two birthdays. I was at New Zealand.

When our grandpa, Michael Chandler died two years ago, Mia and I inherited acres of land and a dairy farming business in Wellington, New Zealand.

I stayed in New Zealand for two years, met my grandpa' dairy farmers and studied the cattle business: feed, care for, and milk herds of cows on farms. We aimed to get the cows to produce as much high quality milk as possible, cost-effectively.

It was so hard to leave the place. They needed me to run the business, the place was so beautiful and the people were very friendly. It was so easy to get along with them. Besides, my mom's family were in New Zealand and they helped me feel at home.

Yep, I brought all my horses from Arizona to New Zealand and my dog Rocky. Even my old maroon truck. I settled in a small old wooden house in the ranch. Nothing fancy but very cozy.

Living a simple life made me happy - peace and quite with only the sound of rain or chirping birds you'd hear in the morning. The air smelled so clean and fresh. I loved nature and I welcomed the light showers on my hair and dirts on my hands and shoes.

I put up my own airfield too. I hired professional pilots and skilled staffs. I bought small planes that transported few passengers to nearby places - mostly catered to tourists.

***

I was in the study room, making phone calls and opened my email. I even answered some important emails rightaway. The others, I would just leave it to my personal assistant, Jeff.