Mind Tricks - Roman Reigns

After my match with Kaitlyn I decided to make a quick trip to see my boyfriend of 3 years to wish him luck before his match. I know he hates it when I'm overly affectionate with him in front of Seth and Dean because they tease him. But it's all in playfulness. As I get ready to knock on the locker room door, I hear a familiar voice. The voice of my best friend, AJ. I put my ear to the door to listen.  "Oh my gosh, Roman. I love that, I know you didn't get that by yourself. Who helped you?" She asks giggling. "I can't reveal my sources, April. But do you really like it?" "Yes, Yes! I can't wait until I can let this secret out in the open. It's going to kill me." I hear his deep laugh echo, "Simmer down teapot. You're not letting anything out, I am. Got it?" "Yes sir,  Mr. Roman sir, " she giggles again and my blood starts to boil, "I have to get back to the locker room to pack up. I wish I could take that with me." Her voice came a little closer to the door so I run to the corner and hide so she won't see me. I know I should confront them but I don't want to cause a scene right now. Not without more evidence. Peeking around the corner, I watch as they hug and she skips down the hallway. I wait for him to close the door before I go to knock.

He opens the door a minute or so after I knock, I wonder what took him so long. "Hey babe. Come in." I look around the room for something out of place but find nothing and he looks normal. I'm still a bit skeptical though. "Where are Dean and Seth? I wanted to wish you guys good luck." Roman kisses the top of my head before going to pull his wrist brace out of his bag.  "They um went to uh," his voice trails off as he tries to put on his brace. "Huh?" "They um," he starts to stutter again until the door opens behind me. He only stutters when he's nervous or when he's lying. He has no reason to be nervous so he must be lying. "We got th--sup Ti," Dean greets me kissing my cheek. "Got the what?" Roman and Dean share a look just as Seth pulls me into a hug. "Nice match, Little Bit." "Thanks. Where were you guys? You're usually all together before a match," I ask looking at each of them individually. They stare at me before Dean shoots me a smirk. "Seth was feeling a little light headed, had to take the poor guy for a walk and to get more water. You're good now, right bro?" "What he said." I nod still skeptical about their answers and Roman's silence. Something is going on but I cannot figure out what. "Okay well uh good luck tonight. And I'll meet you by the car, Ro." Roman opens his mouth but no words come out until Dean slaps him hard on the back. He coughs a little, "Ye-Yeah, I'll meet you, babe." After taking one last glance at them I leave with my mind wondering.

A crew member stops me just as I was about to join The Bellas and Kaitlyn's conversation. My ears drift into their conversation, tuning hin out completely.  "Guess where I was yesterday," Nikki says in a sing song to Brie and Kaitlyn. Brie sucks get teeth, "You know I hate when you make me guess." "Well fine. Kaitlyn,  you guess then." "I dunno, wine tasting," Kaitlyn laughs a little. "Nope. Do you guys give up?" "Nicole, if you don't spit it out I'm gonna choke you," Brie groans. Finally he walks off and I approach the girls.  "Jewlery shopping.He told me he knew I have great taste and I have to say I did a great job. He is Ro-Hey Christy!" "Um hi." Why does everybody keep doing that?  I give up.  "What's up girl? I love your new ring gear," Nikki compliments messing with my hair.  "Thanks. I didn't mean to interrupt you guys I just wanted to know if you knew where Seth and Dean were at before their match?" "Oh yeah," Kaitlyn says snapping her fingers, "Seth said they had to go set up some stuff at the hotel. They've been gone practically the whole night." "Set what up?" "Girls, girls we've got a promo to shoot. Let's go." Nikki drags her sister and Kaitlyn away almost knocking me over. Shaking the weirdness off, I have off to talk to AJ. She's my best friend, I know she wouldn't do anything to hurt me intentionally. I should just tell her about this silly idea that popped in my head.

"What? What, no, that is just crazy, Christy." AJ starts to giggle uncontrollably. I eye her suspiciously. "There isn't anything you want to tell me. Right, April?" "I'm starving. Do you have anymore cookies? I know I should probably just eat dinner but I can't leave until the end of the show because Dolph's match is the last one." She rambles while I just stand there just staring. Who knew someone could talk so long without getting tongue tied? I bare down on her shoulders. "April, cool your jets. I'll get the cookies. Okay," we both laugh and I turn away for the door, "The way you're acting you would think you and Roman are hiding something." Her laugh stops.  "Yeah, I know, huh." Her response unsettles me,  my mind starts to race a mile a second. It gets the better of me and I take off running to find Roman forgetting about the cookies. Instead I find Paul and Stephanie who usher me along with them despite my protests. My head is spinning. What is this?

*******

Paul locked me in the bathroom in their room about an hour ago. I gave up banging about thirty minutes ago, I knew it was no use.  Paul wasn't opening the door until he was ready. My thoughts are interrupted by the door opening, it's Stephanie. "Hey Christy, be a dear and put these on for me. I've got somewhere I want you to go with me." She smiles as she sits a shopping bag and shoe box on the counter then closes the door.  "And if I don't," I mumble looking through the bag.  The door opens once again. "It wasn't really a question, you're going now hurry up you've got fifteen minutes."

*15 Mins Later*

"See, you look nice. Let's just get this on you." Stephanie places a blindfold over my eyes, tying it tightly. I move my hands to take it off but she pops them. "We better hurry, you know how impatient she is." "Nikki is that you?" "The one and only now move," she orders patting my butt. After a surprisingly short elevator ride we get off and the two of them are escorting me, well pushing me, through what I think is the lobby. "Why am I blindfolded again?" "Because he wants you to be surprised," Stephanie says. "He who?" "Take off the blindfold," Nikki orders. I do and I'm face to face with a room full of my Co workers, friends and my parents.  "What?" I'm confused. Aj pushes her way through the crowd with Roman following behind her.  She runs over to me, hugs me briefly then lets go looking back at Romam. Roman drops down on one knee looking nervously up at me. "Three years ago, you finally made me the happiest man in the world and I'd never trade you for the world. I love you probably more than I love myself, hell, I know I do." Tears fall from my eyes, they pool inside his, my hand instantly goes to my mouth. I take a glance around the room then back down to Roman. "What I'm trying to say is,  will you make me the luckiest man in the world by becoming my wife?" He opens the Tiffany ring box exposing the most beautiful ring I've ever seen in my life. I shake my head and hr gets up from his knee. "What?" He asks confused.  "I just shook my head because I feel so dumb." "Why?" "Because I heard you and April talking and I thought you were cheating on me with her. I tried to stop thinking it but then Dean, Seth and you were acting weird. After that Nikki was acting weird, too. She was talking about going shopping with you, I'm guessing, then she stopped when she saw me. And don't let me get started on April,  she was being crazier than usual." "I resent that," April Cheers loudly making us all laugh, "Christy, you're my best friend I wouldn't do that. I know how crazy you get over Ro." Nikki walks up next to April smiling,  "And yeah I went shopping with Roman. He needed help picking out a ring. He knew I knew what you liked. John would kill us both of we were messing around." "And Seth is wierd all time, he was just being extra weird because he thought you knew we'd come to decorate. We just wanted everything to go smooth or Roman would've killed us." I smile at Dean then Roman and throw myself into his arms kissing him. "I love you and yes I will marry you, Ro." We shared a deeper kiss with everyone whooping and holding behind us. "Does this mean we're getting a female Shield member?" I hear Dean ask jokingly.

--------------------------

This was for @ChristyRusher1994 !!

I really really really hope you enjoyed it!!!!!