Take Me As I Am - Barbie & Seth

This is no escape. This is no surrender, my dear. This is my parade ... My happy ever after. Only if you're here ...

"You look just like I did when I married your father, Barbie." My mother told me as I headed back to the room. My father grunted from the other side of the room. My parents shared different opinions when it came to me getting married, I was left in the middle. She couldn't be happier, this what she says she groomed me for.

Marriage.

"Mom," I called out before coming out with my regular clothes on, "I hope you know that this doesn't mean I'm going to stop wrestling." She rolled her eyes she grabbed her purse, pulling it onto her shoulder. Her and my dad exited the dress shop front of me. "You're getting married in two days, it's time to put that fighting behind you. You're a lady, not an animal."

I sighed watchign my parents get into their car and drive off leaving me to walk to my car alone. Before pulling out of my parking spot I called Trinity, a fellow diva and one of my best friends, to vent. She answered after a couple of rings. "Hey, Barbie doll. What's up," she spoke into the phone excitedly. "Nothing, just left the dress shop with my parents." She sighed already knowing what was wrong. Preparing and planning for my wedding was supposed to be the best time of my life and magical but it's only been a big headache that I would rather not deal with. "Your mom still trying to push you into retirement?" She asked sounding as irritated as I feel. "Yup and I'm tired of it. She is my mom and I love her but if she is gonna be this much of a pain I'm gonna revoke her invitation." The line went silent, I'm sure she didn't know what to say. None of my friends ever do, it's like that invisible line where I can say things that they can't. "I'm gonna talk to Seth about it, Trin. I'll text you or something." She sighed onto the phone again before responding to me. "What time is the rehearsal tomorrow?" She asked catching me before I hung up. "It's at 3 o'clock at the church. You better not be late either," I joked halfway wondering if I was even gonna be there. I might want to pull out my inner Julia Roberts and become a runaway bride.

We can take tonight and make it last forever, if you dare.

Ooh, we can run away, take the world together.

Only if you care. With these words unspoken.

Give a second chance.

"Well, if it makes you this upset then we could just, I don;t know," Seth paused searchign his head for the right thing to say. "We could just got to Vegas and get married. I mean we're in San Diego so it's not like it would be that long of a trip." We locked eyes across the island in our kitchen. I knew Seth well enough to know he was completely serious. "Babe, we couldn't. My family would be pissed if we did that and it would mean they would have to make another trip," I explained not wanting to hurt his feelings. He walked around to me, pulling me into him. He wore a smirk that I knew only meant trouble was about to fly from his lips. "Who said anything about telling them?" The way he spoke so nonchalantly made me laugh nervously. if I ran off and got hitched my mom woul.d absolutely lose her mind. "What? Would we sneak off tonight and arrive at the rehearsal married?" He shook his head laughing along with me, his laugh was different though. It was a sneaky laugh. "No, we would take Ro, Dean and Trin with us. We need witnesses." He winked then kissed my forehead. Our parents always said that the two of us together was nothing but trouble and they couldn't have been anymore right. His proposition was a good one I would have to give him that. Could we really do this?

Seth pecked my lips a few times before I fell out in a fit of giggles. He moved from my lips to kissing all over my face until I grabbed his face, holding his face in my hands. "Okay, okay enough with the kisses," I ordered trying to catch my breath, "Baby, are you sure?" "I've never been so sure in my life, Barbie. I don't care if I marry you in a church, in a WWE ring, in Vegas or under a bridge with trolls as long as I marry you. I love you much more than CrossFit," he paused to laugh along with me, "If your parents are causing this much of a headache then lets cut it out. Who gives a damn if they get mad? We're the ones getting married, we should be happy." I rolled my eyes playfully at his giddiness. "Come on, Barbz. Let's run off and get hitched. Dean has your ring, Trinity has mines." I put my hand up to stop him trying to wrap my mind around that last part. "Wait ... Dean has my ring?" He laughed a little making me uneasy. "Look, Roman and him are my best men. I gave Roman our things we need to go on our honeymoon and Dean the ring. Which would you be more upset about losing?" I opened my mouth to speak but he covered my mouth. "And before you answer that I want you to know that I got insurance for your ring it can be replaced but our tickets and such are not therefore cannot be replaced," he took his hand down taking a step away from me, "Now what's you answer?"

The bride and groom have prepared their own vowels this evening," the pasto turned to me, "You may recite your vowels to your groom." Trinity passed me the paper I had wrote my vowels down on as we made the trip here to Vegas. Tears started to fall even faster realizing that tjis is really happening. I, Barbie, is really about to marry Seth Rollins in Vegas of all places but I don't care. A Vegas wedding is so much better than being back in San Diego being hounded to retire by my mother and grunts from my father. This is actually happening. "Alright," I cleared my throat finally looking up into Seths watery eyes, "The day I super kicked you while we were training back in NXT was the day that I knew you were my kind of guy. I expected you to be upset that a girl, especially by the name of Barbie, had put you on your butt but you weren't. You laughed as you pulled yourself from the floor, shook my hand then asked for my number." I paused to wipe my tears as everyone laughed. Taking a moment I glanced to my maod of honor, she winked in response not able to contain her wide smile. "You were, and frankly still are, arrogant, a health nut and a sneaky trickster but I wouldn't trade you in for anything, It's what I love about you. You are the love of my life, the air that I breathe and I can't wait to spend the rest of life with you. You made all my dreams come true and I hope I can do the same for you in these coming years," I paused unable to keep the eave of tears that were coming, "I love you, Seth, I am in love with you and that will never change." The pastor nodded with a small smile then turned his attention to Seth, who was wiping the tears discreetly from his eyes. "Groom, you may recite your vows to your bride." Roman tries to hand Seth a slip of paper but he shakes his head at it telling Roamn that he doesn't want it. Roman shrugged a little then slid it back into his pocket. "Barbie, you're gonna hate me but I don't have a long drawn out speech. I don't have one because there aren't enough words in the world to describe what you make me feel or how you make me feel. You loved me during my brightest days and my darkest nights," he paused to wipe away a few loose tears, "Let us take this moment right here and make forever everyday of the rest of our lives."

The pastor asked us for the rings. Trinity passed me mine without incident. As I was looking up to Seth and the guys I noticed Dean searching his pockets frantically alarming me and everyone else standing near us. "He gave you one job, Dean," Roman joked shaking his head. "Dude, come on. You had the ring before we came out here," Seth complained looking as if he was about to tear Dean's head off. "Why so angry, blonde man? It's replaceable , isn't that what you said," I repeated to Seth who ignored me too busy staring a hole in Dean's face. After a few more tense seconds Dean pulled the ring box from his pocket with a smirk on his face. "Just a little wedding humor, guys," he laughed a little ignoring all of our glares, "Why so serious?"

----------------------------------------------------

------------

I hope you love it hun! Sorry for the wait!