Chapter 36

I woke up the next morning at 7:10. I felt bile rising so I ran to the bathroom. After ten minutes, I cleaned up and got changed into a pair of skinny black jeans, white long sleeved top and one of Theo's hoodies that he had been wearing not long ago. It still smelt like him. I pulled on my red converse, grabbed my bag and phone and walked down stairs. I went into the kitchen and got some toast.As I was waiting for it to pop up, my eye caught the red ring around today's date. I looked closely at the writing.

Madi's first baby appointment! 12:15!

Shit! I had forgotten about that. I found a piece of paper and I wrote down a note to get me out of school. I signed my mum's signature on it and put it in my pocket. I ate my toast and walked out of the house, locking up behind me. I got in my car and drove to school. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got to school with ten minutes to spare. I walked to my form room and finding it unlocked, I walked in. Ethan was sat at his desk on his computer. I walked up behind him and saw he was in the middle of a conversation with Theo's sister. I tapped him on the shoulder and he turned around. As soon as he saw it was me, he pulled me into a hug. I let go and went and sat in my seat. I got my phone out of my bag and checked my Facebook. I had a message from Laura, Theo's sister. 

Hey Madison, I heard what happened. I'm so sorry, it said there was weather troubles our end but he was determined to come back and see you. I know it was the talent show last night, hope it went well. I got told by Theo yesterday that it was your first sonogram today, I hope it all goes well. Send me a picture please, I want to see my niece/ nephew. I heard that there was a chance that he will be found, there was a hint that one of the passengers escaped. I'm praying that it's him, I'm praying for you that you will survive this and I'm praying that your son/ daughter will turn out to be healthy. I already know it's going to be gorgeous and it will be happy. I know that I've not seen you in like, forever, but I'm glad you're the one to be the mother of Theo's child. I love you x

I looked up and the form were in and chatting quietly to themselves. I got the note out of my pocket and got up and walked to Ethan. I gave it him and he signed the bottom to say I was allowed. I sat back down and I felt my phone vibrate so I checked it. 

Are you OK? why do you have to go to the doctors? - Ethan

I text him back.

Yeah, it's my first sonogram - Madi<3

I saw him look at his phone and almost immediately I got a reply.

Oh, do you want me to come with you? - Ethan

As long as it's OK with you. I don't want to be on my own - Madi<3

It's fine, what time is the appointment? - Ethan

12:15 - Madi<3

What lesson have you got then? -Ethan

History. Oh fuck. - Madi<3

Oh shit. Um...how far out is it? - Ethan

Um..It's two towns over, so I don't know, it depends on the traffic - Madi<3

The bell rang and everyone packed up their stuff and walked out. I walked over to Ethan's desk. 

"So what time then?" I asked.

"Well, we could go now, I just have to arrange cover for my lessons." He said.

"Yeah sure, will I be able to get out though?"

"You should be able to, about this time the secretary goes to get her morning coffee and they're isn't anyone there. So yeah hopefully." 

"Let's try then." 

I walked down the corridor and Ethan caught up with me. As we walked past the classes, I could hear students speaking noisely and teachers trying to speak over them. I recognised Sam's voice. I giggled. Ethan looked at me and smiled.

We made it to the office. He was right, the secretary wasn't there. We walked out of school and walked to his car. We got in and he drove off. When we stopped at the first set of traffic lights, he looked at me and smirked. 

"Stop." I said.

"Stop what?" 

"Smirking. Yes you were right but there's no need."

He smirked at me and drove off. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We made it to the doctor's with half an hour to spare. We spotted a cafe next door and we walked in and ordered. I ordered a bottle of water and he ordered a hot chocolate. When we finished, we walked to the doctor's. 

I booked in and they told me it would be ten minutes. I sat down and picked a magazine up of the table next to me. 

"Madison Williams?" The nurse called. I got up and followed her into the room. Ethan followed me. I sat down at one of the two chairs in front of the desk and Ethan sat on the other one. The doctor walked in and sat down. 

"Good morning Madison. Are you OK today?" He asked me.

"Yes I'm fine thank you." 

"I heard about Theo. I'm a friend of his family. I'm sorry for your loss. It's a great shame that another great person in that family has died." He said. I remembered Theo making the appointment and he said that he knew him.

"Thank you, I appreciate it." 

"Anyway, if you don't mind lying on the bed and lifting your top up."

I did as he asked. He rubbed cold stuff on my belly and soon enough, I saw my unborn baby on the screen. Ethan came over to me and held my hand. 

"Madi, you're child is going to be gorgeous. I mean it's gorgeous already. I knew it would be, just look at you, you're gorgeous but that child is going to be absolutely gorgeous."

"Ethan, you're blabbering and I get it my child's going to be gorgeous, thank you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ten minutes later, after we left the doctor's and Ethan went home and I went home, back to Theo's. Back to normal life. I just wish he was here to celebrate my pregnancy.