Chapter 10

I could hear machines beeping as I slowly regained consciousness. I noticed my surroundings. I could see Ethan sat on the chair next to my bed with his hand on my hand and he had his head down. 

Ethan's POV: 

It been 5 days since that night when she ran out of my house and got knocked over. The van driver had been put into jail for 3 years but I didn't care, I just wanted her back. 

I had been sat here for the past 5 days, I had hardly drank or ate at all but I had grabbed a shower earlier this morning as the nurse said she was suspected to wake up today. I had my head down and my hand on hers waiting for her to wait up. I felt her hand twitch and my head shot up. She had opened her eyes. 

"Oh my god babe! Don't ever scare me like that again." I gave her a big hug. She winced.

"Babe, careful." 

"Oh crap sorry. I'm just gonna get the nurse." I went out and called the nurse. 

Madi's POV: 

After the doctor had been in and checked that I was alright, I was told I could go home. Ethan led on the bed with me in his arms. 

"Alexis, Josh and Matt came to see you in the past 5 days."

"I've been out for five days?"

"Yep, and your mum came and someone else did as well."

"Who?"

"Your dad and his new family."

"Who else came with my dad?"

"Your step brother and his mum."

"Is he nice? My stepbrother?"

"Yeah, I already knew him."

"What?"

"I didn't know he was your stepbrother honestly. There's something else I need to tell you."

"What?"

"They're downstairs."

"Go and get them please."

"OK, I'll be back in a minute"

He said as he walked out the room. I was anxious to see my dad and my step brother. After 5 minutes, my dad walked in.

"Madi?" He looked as though he had been crying.

"Dad." I said whilst tears stared forming. He came over to me.

"Can I?" He said. I nodded my head and he gave my a hug. I promised myself that I wouldn't cry but now I couldn't help it. He let go after 5 minutes. 

"Never do anything like this again, OK? You scared me shitless. I was so worried about you. I'm sorry for leaving you after your sister's death and not keeping contact with you. But just know, that no matter what I still love you and you'll always be my baby girl, OK?"

"I love you too dad."  He smiled.

"Can I bring my son in? He wants to meet you."

"Yeah sure." He walked outside and came in with my step brother. He put his head up and I gasped at the familiar face.