Life's like a Firebolt

Chapter Five

"Merlin, is that boyfriend Snape and Harry were talking about?" Draco asked, while running his hand through his bleach blonde hair.

"How is the old man, Snape?" Kurtis asked.

"Dead." Draco and I answered.

"Oh." Kurtis answered awkwardly.

"What are you doing here, Kurt?" I asked in shock.

When I dated Kurt, a really long time a go, I could've sworn he was a full on muggle.

Kurt's a sweet guy, I felt bad about breaking up with him, but he was too optimistic for me.

"Well, I came to work here-"

"No, I mean, why are you at a wizarding hospital?" I asked.

"Oh, that... My wife dropped a pretty heavy bomb on me after we got married. She told me she was a witch!" he chuckled.

"That must've been odd, bringing you into the world of magic." I mused.

"Oh, and congratulations." I added.

"Yeah.." Kurtis sighed.

"Oh yeah, I should probably introduce you to each other." I paused.

"Draco, meet Kurtis; Kurtis, meet my husband, Draco." I added.

"Nice to meet you." Kurtis smiled, holding out his hand out for Draco to shake.

Draco slowly looked down at Kurt's hand in disgust.

"Draco-"

"It's okay, I can tell there's some tension in the air. Second door to the right." he responded quickly while pulling his hand away before he wandered off.

"Well, that was awkward." I exhaled once we walked into the second room on the right.

Then a tall, brunette walked though the doorway.

"Good morning, I am Dr. Medicus. First off, congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope our trainee didn't give you any issues." the mediwitch smiled.

"Well actually-"

"Draco, shut up." I said harshly after covering his mouth.

"Alright, so I am going to cast a screening charm on you that won't affect the child growing inside of you." the doctor explained.

"Alright." I answered, then looked up at Draco.

"First I'll need you to lay down on this bed." Dr. Medicus motioned to the bed in front of us.

I did as told before she raised her wand at me and stopped and said, "Okay, this might feel a tad bit odd."

I nodded, she then pointed her wand towards my slightly extended abdomen while I took a hold of Draco's hand before she whispered, "Perlustro!"

A screen appeared in front of Draco and I... Kind of like an ultrasound. There was a small white dot, no bigger than a galleon, on the screen.

Draco and I watched the screen that was floating in front of us with widened eyes.

"I can't quite tell you if it is a he or a she, but I can say that you are about three weeks into your pregnancy." The witch smiled.

Draco cradled my my face in his hands and brought my face to his then kissed me tenderly.

I broke away and grinned at my husband.

I honestly couldn't help it... The moment was just perfect.