Chapter Eighteen

As Alcasian Republic Militray Commander Gleason had suspected, the Alcasian Federal Military forces onboard the starships, cruisers, and destroyers were unaware of the Alcasian Republic Military shuttles and transports headed for them in attack formations.

On the bridge of Alcasian Republic Military Troop Transport Alpha 9005-T, Captain Terrans looked at the weapon control console's tactical display which showed dozens of red circles that designated the various Alcasian Federal Military starships, crusiers, destroyers and support vessels.

At the weapon control console, Captain Terrans locked missiles and torpedeos onto one of the many Alcasian Federal Military Alcasia-class starships, crusiers, and destroyers, and fired them towards the thrusters and the weapon's grid.

The missiles and torpedeos found their marks and impacted the Alcasian Federal Military destroyer Veddania which left it unable to leave the area or use their own weapon's grid in a defensive action against the Alcasian Republic Military shuttles and transports.

At the same time, thousands of other Alcasian Federal Military starships, cruisers, and destroyers had also come under attack from the other Alcasian Republic Military shuttles and transports

As the next few hours went by, thousands of Alcasian Federal Military starships, cruisers, and destroyers which continued their course towards the Alcasia Sectors, Alsan Sectors, Allins Sectors, Aliinen Sectors, Alicasan Sectors, and Alcins Sectors were either severely damaged or destroyed by the 65,535 Alcasian Republic Military shuttle and transports that comprised the 65554th Alcasian Republic Military Aerial Assault Group.

News of the attack on the Alcasian Federal Military Combat Assault Groups within the Asetan Sectors, Akerras Sectors, Alentan Sectors, Aliins Sectors, Alisan Sectors and Aliern Sectors had made it's way up the chain of command to Alcasian Federation High Councilor Kerran.

Over on the surface of Agerania One, Alcasian Federation High Councilor Kerrans, Alcasian Federal Military Chief of Staff Commander Brianson, Northwest Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Jason Evans, Northeast Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Thompsons, West Central Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Franks, and the rest of the Alcasian Federal Military General Staff watched with concern as the real-time holographic map of the Alcasia Galaxy showed the attacks on their Combat Assault Groups within the Asetan Sectors, Akerras Sectors, Alentan Sectors, Aliins Sectors, Alisan Sectors and Aliern Sectors.

"Damn." Alcasian Federal Military Chief of Staff Commander Brianson noted aloud as he watched the shuttle and transport attacks against their starships, crusiers, and destroyers. "Someone must have figured out the intended destination of those Combat Assault Groups and-"

"There is an Alcasian Republic Military Combat Assault Taskforce operating within the Alnasis Sectors." West Central Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Franks responded as he finished the sentence uttered by Alcasian Federal Military Chief of Staff Commander Brianson.

"Isn't the Alcasian Republic Military starship Anacoda part of this Combat Assault Taskforce?" Alcasian Federation High Councilor Kerrans inquired of the Alcasian Federal Military General Staff.

After a few minutes of thought from Alcasian Federal Military Chief of Staff Commander Brianson, Northwest Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Jason Evans, Northeast Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Thompsons, West Central Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Franks, and the rest of the Alcasian Federal Military General Staff, one of them chimed in with a response.

"According to our Intel reports, the Anacoda is attached to the Alcasian Republic Military Combat Assault Taskforce in question." Northwest Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Jason Evans told his commander-in-chief "However, the personnel onboard the Anacoda is assigned to a different unit."

The question on the minds of Alcasian Federal Military General Staff and Alcasian Federation High Councilor Kerrans was this. How they had missed the obvious presence of the Alcasian Republic Military starship Anacoda during the short-lived armistice.

As the Alcasian Federal Military General Staff on the surface of Agerania One focused their discussion on the Alcasian Republic Military starship Anacoda, Alcasian Republic Military shuttle and transport flight crews continued their hit and run attacks against the Alcasian Federal Military starships, crusiers and destroyers within the Asetan Sectors, Akerras Sectors, Alentan Sectors, Aliins Sectors, Alisan Sectors and Aliern Sectors.

Over the next few hours and into the next morning, each group of 65,535 Alcasian Republic Military shuttle and transports in each Aerial Assault Group proceeded to decimate the Alcasian Federal Military Combat Assault Groups within the Asetan Sectors, Akerras Sectors, Alentan Sectors, Aliins Sectors, Alisan Sectors and Aliern Sectors.

By the afternoon of September 10, 90,055, the 2,457,600 Alcasian Federal Military starships, crusiers and destroyers which had comprised the forty Combat Assault Groups headed for the Alcasia Sectors, Alsan Sectors, Allins Sectors, Aliinen Sectors, Alicasan Sectors, and Alcins Sectors had either been severely damaged, destroyed or captured.

News of this setback caused Alcasian Federation High Councilor Kerrans, Alcasian Federal Military Chief of Staff Commander Brianson, Northwest Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Jason Evans, Northeast Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Thompsons, West Central Region Alcasian Federal Military Field Commander Franks, and the rest of the Alcasian Federal Military General Staff to reconsider their tactic of taking the Alcasia Sectors.

Even if the Alcasian Federal Military forces managed to somehow secure control of Alcasia itself, the Alcasian Federation would still have to secure the rest of the 100,000 by 50,000 light-year of the Alcasia Galaxy still controlled by the Alcasian Republic.

On the Alcasian Republic side, the issue on the minds of Alcasian Republic President John Acres, Alcasian Republic Prime Minister Vellas, Alcasian Republic Defense Minister Greg Thomas, and those who comprised the Alcasian Republic Military Chiefs of Staff was how to retain control over areas such as the Herras Sectors, Linsee Sectors, Gerrsan Sectors, Ferrans Sectors, Nerrabs Sectors, Perras Sectors, Werrans Sectors, Zellans Sectors, Herrsan Sectors, Sellans Sectors and Kerras Sectors.

The 8,000 light-year by 600 light-year area of space along the southwestern edge of Alcasian Federation controlled space had already been captured by Alcasian Federal Military forces then recaptured by the Alcasian Republic Military. This placed the Alcasian Republic Military personnel deployed their edge, since many of starships, cruisers, and destroyers

Meanwhile in the Alcasian Republic-controlled Alkens Sectors, Berars Sectors, Nerrans Sectors, Lerrabs Sectors, Peeras Sectors, Weesan Sectors, Linns Sectors, Wren Sectors, and Cellsas Sectors situated along the southeastern edge of Alcasian Federation controlled space, Alcasian Republic Military personnel onboard each of the scanner array stations, communications array reception transmission stations, and listening posts along that 25,000 light-year stretch of space kept watch for any Alcasian Federal Military Combat Assault Groups.

Over the next twenty days of September 90,055, each group of Alcasian Republic Military officers and enlisted personnel stationed at the various Infantry Assault Bases in and around the planetary towns and cities on the planets within the Alkens Sectors, Berars Sectors, Nerrans Sectors, Lerrabs Sectors, Peeras Sectors, Weesan Sectors, Linns Sectors, Wren Sectors, and Cellsas Sectors prepared themselves for an eventual space, air, and ground assault.

At each of the landing platforms on those planets, Alcasian Republic Military officers and enlisted personnel who constituted the flight crews and ground support crews also prepared for combat against Alcasian Federal Military Aerial Assault Units.

Surface-to-air missile batteries manned by Alcasian Republic Military forces were also placed on alert during that same twenty day period of time, ready to shoot down any shuttle or transport that transmitted an Alcasian Federal Military transponder signal.