Part Six: Stand Your Ground

Brigadier General Tom Widan removed his Video Audio Communication Screen from his uniform pocket, activated it and opened an encrypted channel to Taronia Region Amderestan Military Field Command Headqaurters on Taronia and to Crescent.

The six inch screen displayed images of Commander Jonathan Lencon who sat in his office on one side while the image of Commander Brian Jacobs seated in his office at Amderestan Military Headqaurters.

“Sirs.” Brigadier General Tom Widan said to Commander Jonathan Lencon and Commander Brian Jacobs. “We’ve just arrived here on Alcasia and let’s say things are about to escalate here.”

“Escalate how?” Amderestan Military Chief of Staff Commander Brian Jacobs inquired of Brigadier General Tom Widans.

“Likelyhood of a combined orbital-ground assault by Alcasian Federal Military and Eastern Group Alliance Military Combat Assault Groups and Infantry Assault Groups.” Brigadier General Tom Widan responded.

Commander Jonathan Lencon and Commander Brian Jacobs thought for a moment before commenting.

“Widan, you are there to assess the Alcasian Military’s situation not to get involved in their civil war.” AMCOS Commander Brian Jacobs responded. “However if your Combat Advisor Patrol happens to come under attack by Eastern Group Alliance Military forces you are authorized to return fire.”

“Widan, we’ll be looking out for your assessment report.” Commander Jonathan Lencon responded.

“Understood, sirs.” Brigadier General Tom Widan responded as he terminated the Video Audio Communication Screen transmission with Taronia and Crescent.

    He turned around to face Colonel Brians, Admiral Kerrs, Captain Wisens, Captain Gregory Thomas, and the other twenty-four Amderestan Military officers and enlisted personnel in his Combat Advisor Patrol. “Men, I’ve notified Commander Lencon and Commandder Jacobs about our situation here.”

“And?” Captain Wisens inquired.

“We’ve been ordered to remain nuetral in case of any ground assault by Alcasian Federal Military Infantry Assault Units.” Brigadier General Tom Widan answered. “However we are authorized to defend ourselves from Eastern Group Alliance Military forces.”

Colonel Brians had a concerned look on his face. “With all due respect, sir. What the hell is Commander Lencon and Commander Jacobs thinking? In a couple of days were going to be in the midst of a damned war zone.”

“Colonel, like it or not, our orders are to assess the situation between the Alacasian Republic and EGA-backed Alcasian Federation.” Brigadier General Tom Widan told his executive officer.

Meanwhile in the Alcasian Federation controlled Alisians-Reers System, Colonel Kellson sat at the desk in the Anacoda’s CO’s office and proceeded to give a status update to Commander Brandon Sanders who had command of the 89866554th Alcasian Military Combat Assault Taskforce.

      On Anacoda’s bridge, Lieutenant Tessans kept an eye on the scanner display which showed the positions of the nearby starships Adsasia, Atarina, Arrestia, Acalisia, Alatina, and Aserina which were currently engaged in an assault against an Alcasian Federal Military controlled base.

       Colonel Kellson entered Anacoda’s bridge a moment or so later and watched the intense battle between several Alcasian Military and Alcasian Federal Military starships and crusiers several hundred kilometers away. He sat down in the command chair and called up a tactical display of the surrounding area.

Over the next two days in the Alcasian Federation controlled Alnasis Sectors, the Anacoda along with the other Alcasian Military vessels continued to target the Alcasian Military Combat Assault Groups in and around the Allisans-Reers System.

 Twenty four hours later on Alcasia, several scanner installations detected a large number of Alcasian Federal Military vessels on a direct course towards Alcasia. At one of the scanner installations, Colonel Nathan Teras watched as the large number of Alcasian Federal Military starships, crusiers and destroyers dropped out of hyperlight speed.

“Well, I guess we make our stand.” Colonel Nathan Terras commented to himself.