Chapter 11 - MakeDamnSure;

JACK'S POV

It was the day before the wedding and there is still so much that needs to be done. I had Zack see to Alex and if he was okay the either day. He still hasn't gotten back to me about it, but we're suppose to meet up later for drinks. I would've went to check up on Alex but things didn't really go as expected the last time. I never meant for things to go down like that between us. I was just so happy to see that he had came and I guess I didn't know how to react to him- that wasn't sexual that is. I'm pathetic and honestly disgusted with myself. I mean, I'm getting fucking married and I never want to hurt Alex- anymore than I have anyways. If he were to not show up for the wedding again, I'd totally understand. I personally would never go to my ex's wedding, but Alex is different. I invited him because Alex has always been the better half of me- the better half that would actually go to one of my ex's wedding. That's why I love him because he's everything that I want and everything that I'm not but he deserves better and that ain't me.

I had went to go see my fiance one last time before meeting up with Zack, and we wouldn't be seeing each other again until tomorrow for the wedding. I just needed to be held and wanted, even for just a second.

"I love you, and don't have too much fun without me. We're getting married tomorrow, remember?" My fiance teased, walking me out.

"How could I forget? I love you, too," I said, kissing him goodbye before leaving and getting in my car to finally meet up with Zack.

I got a text from Zack, telling me to go to the bar that we'd all use to go to. I was confused, and honestly I haven't been there since Alex and I had broken up last year. I obliged though, and was soon in the parking lot. I sat there for a second still in my car, remembering when the chestnut-haired boy was also sat next to me in this very car. We'd drive up to this bar together almost every other weekend to meet up with our friends, or even just to be alone together.

I sighed, getting out of my car and finally walking inside. It was completely empty with no one insight, then I heard some whispers in the distance. Zack and a few other of my friends who I haven't seen in a while had jumped out, surprising me. I really didn't see this coming but I guess I should've in a way, but honestly my mind has been elsewhere since I've last seen Alex. He has been all I've thought about these past few days. So a surprise bachelor party never even crossed my mind, as hard as that must seem. I wasn't expecting this. Zack came over to me, and I gave him the biggest hug I could muster. "Dude, you're the best, best man ever."

"I know," was all he said, giving a cheeking smile.

"So let's party!" Vinny shouted, coming up to us and giving the both of us a shot. We all clanked glasses and took them down within seconds. I was so happy to see all my old pals and that they'd even do something like this for me. I'm so grateful and lucky to have such amazing people in my life.

After I had greeted and catched up with everyone, I kind of drifted from the crowd, with only a bottle of Jack Daniels to keep me company. As happy as I am that everyone is here and having a good time on my behalf, I was just not there mentally. I had noticed that Alex wasn't here though, and I couldn't help but wonder why. I still have yet to talk to Zack about his visit with him. So I walked over to where he was and pulled him aside.

"Hey, so how did the visit with Alex go?" I asked Zack, not wasting any more time. I needed to know.

"It went fine, I'm assuming," he said, seeming somewhat distracted.

"What does that mean? Did you even go see him?" I questioned, getting a little annoyed with him- which I rarely get annoyed with Zack but I need to know.

"Yes, I told you that I did. When have I ever lied to you or hid anything from you?" Zack stated, sounding a bit frustrated himself.

"I know, and that's why you're my best man," I admitted almost proudly to him.

"So you trust me?" Was all he said, crossing his arms.

"Of course, dude." I raised my brow in confusion. I have no idea where he's trying to go with all this. But i'm assuming the alcohol has settled in and he's finally had enough of my bullshit.

"Then tell me why Alex had to tell me that you two slept together instead of you?" He questioned, seeming fairly angry. I was stunned that Alex would even mention this to Zack at all. I felt so betrayed by Alex and so attacked by Zack. I thought these two would be the last people to talk behind my back. But I did it to myself, so I don't know why I'm acting like the victim here. Actually, it's all my fault.

"I just thought it'd be best to not tell anyone. It was an obvious mistake, and I regret it. You and Alex are the very last people I want to hurt," I confessed. Zack's expression turned from angry to understanding, and I'm so glad because it's true. Him and Alex, even Rian mean the fucking world to me. They're my best friends, I'd be lost without the three of them.

"Just, don't ever leave me in the dark like that again man," Zack and I hugged it out and the mood was back to normal. "It was so awkward though," he added.

"What was?" I asked lightly, with a smile.

"The talk with Alex. He thought we were talking about something else and didn't even mean to tell me that you two had slept together," Zack admitted, seeming considerably sorrowful on Alex's behalf. And once again, I was stunned but also relieved in a way because I knew deep down that Alex would never say that just to spite me. I can't believe I even for a second doubted Alex's intentions. Like I said before, he's always been the better half of me.

Hey friends, I hope you all liked seeing Jack's pov for once. The next chapter will be half and half of both Alex and Jack's POV. It's also going to be the very last chapter of this story. So get excited! Or sad, or both, idk something. I'll talk to you all very soon, my lovelies. ❤❤