Chapter 7 - Sometimes The One You Want Is Not The One You Need;

After an hour of being gone, I thought that I should probably go back to my hotel. I was hoping that Jack had finally left, only because I still had no idea what to say to him. I also, didn't want to explain myself because, honestly I don't even know who I am anymore after what had happened.

I walked in the door of my hotel room to find Jack still there, sitting on the sofa with a glass of wine in his hand. He smirked at me, "how was your walk, love?" I was dumbfounded, speechless I had no words, my heart was doing flips while my head was turned upside down. I felt flattered that he had waited for me, but on the other hand I was also confused. I don't understand this man sometimes but I guess that's Jack Bassam Barakat for you.

"I'm sorry," was all that came out, and as soon as those two words left my mouth, I thought to myself: why do I need to be sorry? Then it hit me, I slept with a soon to be married man.

Jack sat down his wine before getting up and walking over to me. I wanted to run away and catch the next flight back to New York, then he wrapped me up in his arms. I melted at his touch and was rendered completely helpless in his embrace.

"It's not your fault, Lex. It's mine. So the only one who should be sorry is me," Jack protested, still holding onto me like his life depended on it.

As right as he is, I was still confused as to why we're even in this position right now. "You're getting married in six days, Jack." He let go of me, holding me now at arms length and stared at me with sorrow-filled eyes.

"I know, and that's where it's my fault. I just couldn't help myself, when I saw you last night for the first time in over a year, Lex, a fucking year! I just needed to talk to you. I didn't mean for this," he confessed, now completely detached from me.

I really had no glue how to process all of this, or even how to feel anymore after hearing that. "You didn't mean for what? To fuck me? Is that what you're trying to say? Well guess fucking what, me either! You actually think that I came all the way back down here to get fucked by you?! Get the fuck over yourself, Barakat! Or should I say 'Barawhore'?" I resisted to anger as a defense mechanism for not being able to gather my true thoughts fast enough. Big mistake.

Jack stood there for a while wide-eyed in disbelief, before looking completely defended. "I'll just let myself out," he said, grabbing his jacket then walking straight past me.

I felt like the breath had been knocked out of me, along with the aching feeling of my heart sinking down into my stomach. I collapsed down onto the floor, and burst out into tears, sobbing like a baby. I ruined everything.

So I decided I'm going to keep these chapters short and sweet, only a little over 500 words. That way I can update more and yeah, you all get something to read everyday. I hope you guys are all liking it so far. I'll be updating another chapter tomorrow!! So get ready, my lovelies. ❤