Chapter 2 - A Confident Coward;

Warning: this chapter sucks bc it's short and it's just basically Rian yelling at poor Alex again. So just thought I'd let you know beforehand that it'll probably be a waste of your time, but I just wanted to get something posted for you lovely fuckers bc ilyg that much. And bc it's been a few months. So enjoy. Also, I swear the next chapter will be better because Jack finally makes his debut! :D

Yesterday was kind of intense at Rian and Cassadee's, but despite that I'm going over to Rian's work to bring him some lunch. I know he doesn't exactly approve of me going to Jack's wedding and I can understand why. But I'm already here and I don't see why I shouldn't go.

"Um, excuse me but do you know where Rian Dawson is?" I had stopped and asked this guy as he was coming out of his office.

"He's here if that's what you're asking. You mean his office? It's the second door to your left. Down this hall," the man explained politely. Wow, Rian has his own office. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"

"Oh, no. Thanks. But I didn't catch your name though."

"Jeremy McKinnon."

"I'm Alex. Nice to meet you Jeremy McKinnon," I held out my hand for him to shake. He chuckled before taking my hand in his.

"Like wise. And it's just Jeremy," he smiled.

"Okay, just Jeremy."

-

"So, you still planning on going to that wedding?" Rian asked out of nowhere as we were eating. I was taken back by the question and just struggled my shoulders.

"So where's Cass anyways?" I tried changing the subject before taking a bite out of my sandwich.

"You know where Cass is. So don't change the subject Alex," Rian raised his eyebrow at me. Damn it.

"Well, yeah.. but like what does she do at her job anyways?" I attempted, still trying desperately to change the conversation.

"She told you what she does. She designs clothes. Now stop avoiding the question."

"What question?"

"Oh my god, Alex. Are you still going to that wedding?" Rian was about done with my bullshit. Well, he already knows that I am so why must I state the obvious.

"I thought we already covered the fact that I am going?" I said it as if weren't obvious enough. Like seriously.

"Yes, but I want to know why," he pressed.

"You know why. Because he invited me and I don't want to be rude," I stated.

"You don't want to be rude? Really Alex? He's the one who's being rude in the first place by even inviting you- his ex to his wedding!" Rian practically lost it, getting up from his chair and walking over to the window.

I just sat there in shock for a few seconds before getting up too. I slowly walked over to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

"Listen man. I know this makes no sense at all to you, but I have to do this. You don't understand how badly I need to see him-"

"See! You're not over him. Jesus, Alex. He's no good for you don't you understand that at least? Fuck!" Rian cut me off, practically snapping at me. I backed away from him slowly and just stared blankly at him in disbelief. I honestly can't see why it's such a big deal to Rian if I go or not. It's not like I actually need his approval anyways.

"I didn't come here for that. You actually think I want to get hurt again?"

Rian just shrugged his shoulders, still staring out the window. Seconds passed before Rian even spoke a word to me. Then, out of nowhere a cold maybe was said. And that's literally all he said, before sitting back at his desk.

I was astonished, yet at the same time not so much. I knew from the very start that this was going to be anything but easy.

"You know Ri, out of everyone I thought you'd be the one that'd be there to support me. No matter what, because that's what best friends are suppose to do. But I guess I was wrong," I grabbed my things, not giving him a second glance as I exited his office.

I guess I'm on my own from here on out.