Chapter Seventeen

I start the car and reverse out of the driveway. Seeing Joey again hurt...a lot. Why would he do this to me? He's the one who asked me to marry him, and then a day after our marriage he cheats?! I drove angrily home. Once I was in the driveway, I parked and got out. I walked to the front door and walked in.

"Babe, the point of having a lock is to lock it." I say out loud. I hear Sawyer chuckle from the kitchen.

"I know, I know. But you don't have a key so I was looking out for you." I rolled my eyes and laughed. He walked up to me and kissed me. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"So, what do you want to do?" He asked. I shrugged and pulled at his shirt. He smirked and kissed me.

"How about a movie?" I asked against his lips. He let out a laugh.

"Okay sure." "I was about to finish dinner actually so maybe we can watch a scary movie?" He asked. I nodded.

"Sounds good." I sat on the couch and turned on the tv. I put in Paranormal Activity 3 and waited for Sawyer. He came in soon with two plates of spaghetti and meatballs with two glasses of wine on top of the top plate.

"Two trips are for babies." I laughed and took the wine glasses. I put them on the table and Sawyer sat next to me.

During the movie, I snuggled into Sawyer. Honestly, these movies freak me out. At one point, there was a jumpscare. I yelled and jumped into Sawyer's lap.

"Aww, babe don't be scared..." Sawyer said, his husky voice soothing me. He held my hand and kissed me. I kissed him back. He pulled me on top of him. I giggled and ran my fingers through his hair. He smile up at me.

"I love you so much, babe." I smiled and blushed.

"I love you too."

My phone vibrated, alerting me that I had a new text message. I got my phone and saw I had a text from "Joey<3". Before I read it, I changed his name to "Joey". I opened it and read it.

Joey: Can we meet? I need to talk to you.

I rolled my eyes.

Me: I'm busy Joey. What is it?

Joey: Trust me, you need to hear it in person.

Me: When and where?

Joey: The beach where I proposed...Tonight at 11?

I looked at the clock. It was 10:30. I sighed and sent him "Ok"

I turned to Sawyer and sighed.

"Joey wants to talk." He got up and walked over to me.

"Why?" He asked, holding my hands.

"I don't know, but it sounds important. I'm just gonna go and talk, then come right back. Okay?" I asked. He nodded and kissed me.

"Don't stay out too late young lady." I stuck out my tongue and he chuckled. I laughed and left. I got in the car and started driving towards the beach.

I got there and saw a single figure waiting by the ocean waves. I got out and closed the door. I walked up to him and sat down.

"Hey." He said sadly.

"What is it?" My words coming out in an icy tone. One I had not meant to use. He flinched a bit and looked at me. "Hannah..." He got up. I got up and followed him.

"Joey, what is it?" I said, grabbing his arm gently.

"Blair might be pregnant."