Chapter Seven

"Hey, do you want to hang out?" Sawyer asked. I smiled and nodded.

"Sure! Let me get my purse." I turned, but Sawyer jumped in front of me.

"No! I'll pay." he said. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay, but I'll have you know, I'm no cheap date, bub." I said and poked his muscular shoulder. We laughed and got in his car. He drove us to a big mall. It was a big mall. I looked at it like a little kid looking at a bunch of candy or something. 

The first place we went to was a little cookie stand. Sawyer got a plain cookie, I got a sugar cookie.

"Be ready for hyper Hannah." I said and looked at him seriously. He looked at me catiously. He reached for me cookie, but I pushed his hand away.

"No! Don't worry, I'm not THAT bad..." I said and giggled to see his reaction. He looked at me with big eyes, then laughed. I laughed with him. 

The second place we went to was an arcade.

"Yes!" I shouted excited. Sawyer laughed at me and got out a 20 dollar bill and put it in the machine. A bunch of quarters spilled out into the little cup at the bottom. I grabbed them all and ran off.

"Hey! I want to play too!" he pouted. I rolled my eyes and gave him two.

"There, no go buy yourself something pretty." I said, mocking how people talked a long time ago. He just kept a straight face, but it broke.

"Hannah, seriously." I groaned and gave him half. We spent an hour playing arcade games and I beat him at Street Fighter, just thought I should share. Earlier, he was bosting about being, "The best", so I had to prove him wrong.

"Do you want to do something else?" Sawyer asked. I nodded, bored.

"Let's go to Six Flags!" I shouted.

"Shh!" he shushed me. A lot of people were staring at us.

"Oops..." I said. He sniggered and took my hand.

"Come on, dork." he said and led me to the door. I just scoffed and followed. 

When we finally got there, we went in, Sawyer had a season pass and bought me one. The first ride we rode was amazing. It had loops and went upside down! When Sawyer got off, he looked like he was gonna puke.

"Come on. let's sit down." I said. I took his arm and helped him to a bench nearby. He sat down and took a deep breath.

"You okay?" I asked. He nooded and looked at me.

"Yeah, thanks." he said. I looked at him and smiled. He looked down at me and moved some hair out of my face. He leaned in close to me. I felt my heart beat faster and faster. He was so close...I imagined his lips on mine, how they would feel on mine, how they would taste... His breath was mixing with mine. I could feel his breath on my neck. I ran my finger across his jaw line which made him shiver.

"Hannah.." he said and took my hand. I looked down at our hands intertwined, how right it felt. I looked back up to his eyes.

"Sawyer..." I said, trying to say stop, but my mouth wouldn't let me. I can't do this to Kaeliegh again, or Joey! His lips were almost on mine when I whispered words that broke my heart.

"I can't..." 

His head dropped.

"You're right. I can't either. But you can't tell me you don't feel something!" He almost shouted.

"Sawyer! Keep it down. People are starting to look." He sighed, frustrated.

"I don't give a SHIT about the people! Tell me you don't feel something!" He said and jumped up. I jumped up, trying to get him to calm down.