⏳Introduction (New)

I took my position upon the stage and waited as I was introduced to speak.

"Good morning everyone. As you all may know, my name is Veronica Valor. I am respectfully-known as the Queen of Veritas; a world I am proud to call my home."

The crowd began to applaud, dying down shortly allowing me to continue.

"At the age of five, (that's usually when the Gifted developed their powers) I was blessed with great powers that none other have yet to obtain. Having this gift may seem rare and honorable but I often think of it more as a curse. Everyone seems to look at me and label me as some great and powerful icon, but I don't want to be remembered for the powers I possess. I want to be remembered for my selflessness; someone willing to sacrifice it all for a higher purpose. I want to build and leave a legacy for the next, and many generations to come."

The crowd of my fellow students and staff partners raged with applause. I could see smiles plastered on some, others, just disappointment.

"We love you!" They yelled, "Come back safe and sound."

I said my final goodbyes to my family--I could see the frightening expressions plastered on their faces.

"I love you." I said, as I gave each of them a heart-warming hug. I joined the team of Gifted allies that volunteered to accompany me on my mission.

We activated the secret portal hidden within the courtyards water fountain; we passed over and found ourselves at the location of the heavily-guarded, wilderness prison, known as the Forbidden Forest. It was once a normal forest but after it was invaded by an "unexpected threat" we had the entire terrain sealed away in a separate dimension. We trained hard for weeks prior to the trip, and pushed ourselves to prepare for the harsh and unknown habitat. Once we stepped inside there was no turning back.

Who could have known that my goodbye speech would be the final speech I'd give to my people? After just one month after I set out on my dangerous journey things took a turn for the worst.

May 30, 1985, is the day I was killed. Believe it or not, I knew I wouldn't survive. Prior to the trip, I was warned by a mysterious Seer, but even after gaining knowledge of my future I didn't stray from my destined path--I accepted every gruesome bit of it.

The world as we know it is constantly changing; the spread of violence and hatred has corrupted our sacred land. I often say to myself: "Hate, conflict, power, ignorance; greed...deception--these are the ingredients to make a full-course meal of destruction. If we can't prevail over these selfish desires how will we ever grow from being enemies, promote positive prosperity, and advance as a whole--both the Gifted and the Mortals?"

We were the fools who made the mess years ago, but now, sadly, the next generations to come must suffer to clean it up.

The curtain may have been drawn and I may be dead and gone, but remember this: We are all the same. We may be strange to you, but we bleed just like you, we suffer just like you, and we die...just like you. I have seen the future of Veritas; things become dark, friends will become foes, and the chance of recovery is slim as time continues to run its course.

I wish only to see the Land of Tranquility venture to new heights, but sadly I do not believe this will happen anytime soon, if not at all.
That is why I am also afraid to say that I--the "Queen"--even in death, am now a threat to the Gifted society and will most likely be the cause of its upcoming destruction.

My name...is Veronica Valor, and even if not by my own will...I will rise again, and the darkness will come with me.

Hi, I've been working on this new introduction for a while now after receiving feedback from the original that basically stated that I may have revealed too much of the plot and or future events

Hi, I've been working on this new introduction for a while now after receiving feedback from the original that basically stated that I may have revealed too much of the plot and or future events. In response to that, I created this version to see if this (in your opinion) is a better introduction to start the story with.
Enjoy, vote, and comment; feel free to let me know your own personal opinions on the new intro.

Thank you. (: