XXVI

Two weeks has passed, all of which included lots of planning and rehearsals. I met River's cousin, Alexis, and I would definitely say we hit it off. She's a really outgoing girl, a bit moody and sarcastic, but she's super funny too.

Oh and the things Samantha asked from her? The movies, video games, etc? We used them for my bachelorette party, which shouldn't be called a bachelorette party since Cody and Drake were there. Alexis ended up joining us also and she became a part of our group. I think Cody and her would be the perfect couple... He's kind of scared of her though.

River and I are closer but I've been trying to distance myself lately. I guess I'm trying to make sense of our situation, understand everything. And Alexander has been extra nice to me. I don't know if it's because the wedding isn't too far away or something else.

"Three days." Someone says, walking up behind me, and I turn around.

"Hey, Alexis." I furrow my eyebrows, "What do you mean by that?"

She smiles, "Three days until your wedding."

"Oh." I chuckle lightly, "Wow, I didn't even realize it was so close."

"I don't blame you. I heard you've been helping River with leader stuff."

"Yeah. But I think it's fun. It's nice to do something helpful like paperwork instead of killing people."

"Hm." Alexis nods, "I know where you're coming from. Sometimes change isn't such a pain."

I laugh. "It's really rare."

"That's why you gotta be grateful whenever that happens."

"Oh, trust me. I am." I sigh and she stays quiet for a moment. "So what's up?"

"The ceiling." Alexis responds automatically, making me roll my eyes.

"Come on, Alexis."

"I just wanted to see how you were." Alexis shrugs, "Plus River needs you."

I give her a flat look. "You couldn't have told me that in the first place?"

"Where's the fun in that?"

•••

I walk into River's office and sit on the edge of his desk. He glances at my legs before looking back at his work. Smiling, I play with the little blue rose on his desk.

"So I heard you needed me." I tease him and he rolls his eyes.

"In your dreams." River glances at me again, "And get off my desk. There are chairs for a reason."

"Fine." I say and he raises an eyebrow at me when I walk toward him. I give him a smirk before sitting on his lap.

"Really?" He laughs, "Do I look like a chair?"

"Maybe. From a different perspective you might be awfully similar."

"Ha. Ha. You're hilarious." River says sarcastically and I look over his papers.

  My eyes widen, "Wedding certificate?"

  "Oh, uh." River quickly pushes it away, "Um it's nothing to worry about."

  "River... Will my parents be notified of this?"

  "No. You're already 18. It's your choice if you want your parents to know about this."