xxmajaine

Interview: xxmajaine

Author of "The Lores of Lyra: Rising Star."

                 "The Lores of Lyra: Shattered Star."

                 "Retro-cognition."

What can we call you (name)?

I’d prefer if you’d call me Maja, lol. That’s my name.

Where are you from?

I’m from the cold north, the home of the Vikings, also known as Denmark.

What is your favorite hobby (besides writing)?

Reading? Drawing? I read more than I draw. My drawings aren’t much.

Coffee or tea?

Tea. I don’t like Coffee at all.

Interesting Fact?

I never had any higher education in English. The level of English I can now—with all its faults—is all because of Wattpad and the people I’ve encountered online in the past three years.

What book(s) are you reading now?

I check out plenty of people, both on Wattpad and off Wattpad. The last thing I read was a chapter of P.I.E. which is by Parogar on here. But I’ve also started taking a liking to Alex Flynn’s “Beastly” and Brandon Sanderson’s “Elantris”. For stuff I read on Wattpad, it would be best to check my reading lists. :)

Who are your favorite Wattpad authors?

Phew. There’s so many. The easy answer would be Parogar, since he’s my boyfriend, as well. The other obvious answer would be FauxPunker since he’s my best friend.

Among others, there’s the people I look up to, and the people I talk to. To name a few: Prisim, dakerpee, MercyRose, ForeverMalak, Musiq4lyf.

All the ambassadors, and all my followers, all the people I follow. Actually, all the people I follow. Actually, all the wattpadders I have any connection to is among my favorite Wattpadders. And most of them writes :)

When and why did you start writing?

I started writing in 2010, October 26th. A month or so before I’d found the Wattpad App, and I started reading stuff on there. After a while, I figured I should check out the website. I saw that it was regular people, just like me, who uploaded their stories, and I loved it. So I made a profile, and uploaded my first attempt at writing a story, which was also written the same day. Since then, I’ve been hooked.

Is there a specific genre that you like to read/write?

I like everything magical, fantasy, paranormal, science fiction. The way that something happens, which shouldn’t really be possible is especially intriguing. However, I try to broaden both my reading and writing to as many genres as I can. That includes Fantasy, Spiritual, Romance, Teen Fiction, Non-Teen fiction, Adventure, Paranormal, Action, Humor, Drama, Science Fiction, etc.

What or who inspires you in your work?

Everything. It can be a song, a lyric sentence that gives thought to what the story behind it could be. It can be a TV-show, which has a special feel. It can even be a name. For instance, I once made up around five fantasy creatures, complete with background and powers, just by having a friend read out some names from a list, which had many apostrophes in them. I never used any of them in a story, but that’s how easy it is.

If you look to your right, you’ll most likely see something. In my case, it’s a fan. It’s dusty, and I really should clean it. It’s not turned towards me, but rather toward the place my head it when I sleep. Now, what could possibly be interesting about a fan? Nothing, you might say. But, in my case, it could be a prop. Is the fan a gift from someone? The owner, in this case me, hasn’t cleaned it. Why? Is she sick? Why does she need a fan when she sleeps? Does she live somewhere hot? Maybe she’s just lazy, and used it in the summer. Maybe it’s magical, and the fan blowing air is an instant recipe for creativity. Maybe a soul has been trapped in there, and the owner is a witch.

Anything can be an inspiration. I might not use my fan ever in a story, but it can get the wheels turning, and therefore make room for something even better. Maybe there’s a story behind the hoodie with “I <3 NY” laying on the beanbag chair just beside the fan? In my case, I got it when I was at Newark Airport, when I had to go home to Denmark, after spending the two most wonderful weeks with my boyfriend in New York.

Everything has a story. It’s just up to you to tell it, and in some case, make it up. :)

Can you tell us a bit about your current story and why people would want to read it?

My current story is like… hard to describe. Mostly because I’m currently working on three. >.< lol. I’ll give you the short version of all three:

Immortalia: An ancient fantasy creature, condemned and forced into slavery, until she’s sold to a corporation who wants to experiment with her.

^You would read that if you’re into Sci-fi/Fantasy.

Draconian Daughter: Aina is cursed with green scales that appear when she’s emotionally distressed. She’s convinced that her father is the reason behind her mother’s death, and therefore she vows to destroy him. Which isn’t easy since he’s the most feared Dragon in all of Toya. On her way, she meets Jaki, which bears a secret of his own, and he’s pretty weird.

^You would read that if you’re into Fantasy/Adventure. A more traditional sense of fantasy, but still with my own flair to it. I mean, after all, she’s a human dragon. Dragons are cool.

Playing Platonic: April breaks up with her superstar fiancé because he’s turned into a douche. While Crashing at her sister’s place, she meets Daniel Winston, who also happens to be between homes. Together they hit it off and decides to try and live together. A perfect solution if they manage to keep their relationship platonic.

^You would read that if you’re into Romance/Humor/Non-Teen fiction.

Is there a message for your readers in your work?

Not really. I guess there’s always a message, but it’s up to the reader to find it. Some readers may find that “Life always gets better” while others just get “Life sucks” out of it. The most important thing is that they’re entertained, even for a small time.

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Look to your right. Always look to your right. It’s where all the inspiration hides. Sometimes change location or clean your room—the fan doesn’t always work.

Never give up if it’s something you like to do. Write because you WANT to, not because you feel you have to. Also, popularity is overrated. People don’t need to love your work for you to be accomplished. As long as you love it—even with the realistic view that it probably could be better—then you’re accomplished.

Is there anything else you would like add?

Everybody rocks! Don’t do drugs, stay in school. That kinda thing. :) Also, feel free to send me a message or read my stories. I have four completed, and I love ‘em all. <3 xD 

A/N: I have a combined review of three stories from this author, but really you can't go wrong. So check out the review or just go check out her work!