A Boy Called 'It'

A/N: Happy Friday and welcome back. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll see you guys next week!

P.s - I wanted to do a bit of self-promo lol and ask if you can check out my new story Purpose. It would mean a lot!

***

Five Months Later

Alice // chapter eighteen

M Y heart felt heavy as I parked in front of my house. I could see Jace sitting in his car, his head resting against his hand.

Unable to stay in the car any longer, I opened my door and jumped out, grabbing my bag and phone in the process. I locked the doors as quickly as I could and walked to his car door.

I would've knocked, but the window was already scrolled down. Instead, I reached out and grabbed his arm, catching his attention. "Hey, babe."

He smiled, turning to me fully. "Hey, gorgeous. I didn't see you drive up."

"Nah, it's cool. Come on, let's go inside."

It was his turn to grab my hand now, stopping me from walking away from him. "Why don't I take you out to an early dinner?"

I shook my head at him way too rapidly than I would've liked. However, there was something I needed to do and I needed him to come inside. "No. I have something to show you."

His eyebrows furrowed and the sunlight hit his face so perfectly, making him look unreal. Damn. "What is it?"

I laughed. "Why don't you come inside and see for yourself. I promise you'll love it."

He looked at me through narrowed eyes in a playful fashion. "It's not your mom's china set again, is it?"

My mouth gaped open. "Okay, that was one time."

"I know. I'm just teasing you, love," he chuckled, killing his engine and getting out of his car.

I took a few steps back, giving more room to exit his car easily. "You play around too much with me," I joked.

He turned and leaned against his car, his arms reaching to my waist and pulling me to his body. "Because for reasons unbeknownst to me, you look even more beautiful when you really smile."

His eyes were a beautiful jade in the sun, reflecting his authenticity that I heard so strongly in his voice. I had to take more time than normal to conjure an actual sentence; I was so lost in him. I didn't know it was possible to be lost in someone until I met Jace. God, all those times I mocked those girls who just went on and on about all this crap. Well, technically, I still make fun of them, because they're just on another level of pathetic, but that's beside the point.

"When I really smile?" I asked because the was all my poor brain could manage to think up at this point.

He nodded, his thumb drawing light circled around my waist. "Yeah, you have this smile that you give to everyone. It's sweet and nice and still so damn breathtaking. And then you have this other smile where it's real and genuine because you actually found something funny. But the one you give to me and to me only when I mess around with you and just whenever you see me is my favorite. It makes me feel like the King of the World because that smile belongs to me. I never thought I would find someone's smile as breathtaking as I find yours and I'm glad I haven't found anyone with that smile because it suits you. It's stunning, alluring, sincere and sweet all wrapped up in one; just like you."

I stood there, stunned as hell. What was I supposed to say to that? It sounded like something straight from a romance novel, but I know he didn't steal it from a stupid novel or movie. I know he came up with that right here on the spot because that's the kind of person he was. He didn't even like romance novels; he always made fun of me for reading them. Technically, he always made fun of how I made fun of the characters in the novels.