All or Nothing

Jade POV

I unpacked the last box. This place isn't too bad. But it's not like my old house was back on the East. Inglewood straight, I guess. But in my opinion, Brooklyn is better. I guess its because I lived in Brooklyn for 16 years.

Percy came in with another box I think I left out in the truck.

"I thought you said you got everything." He said dropping the box on the floor causing it to sound off.

"You gone break whatever it is in this box." I picked it up and opened it. It was filled with old pictures of us with mom. She was so beautiful. Her long black hair hung down her back. Those striking hazel eyes pierced into the camera. Damn I miss her.

"What's in it?" Percy walked to my side and dug in the box and pulled out a picture of him and ma.

"Damn." He said under his breath. I looked up at him and concentrated on his face. He stared at the picture with a painful look.

"are you okay?" I asked with full concern. I care about Percy as if he was my own dad. Even though I have no idea where my real dad is.

"Yea I'm straight. Go and change. I'm taking you out for lunch." He faked a smile. I knew he was depressed over my mom and all. Hell I'm depressed too! But I think it was a good idea for us to leave Brooklyn because it had nothing but memories of mom.

"You don't have to Percy. I was gone walk around to the basketball court and shoot a few hoops anyway." I said pretending to make a jump shot. I love Basketball. I always used to tell ma and Percy that I was gone be the next Lisa Lesley. That woman is my idol, besides my mom.

"You will not trade them sneakers in for heels will you?" He chuckled. I grinned because I knew it was the truth.

"I'm a ball player Percy. I ain't no prissy princess." I laughed.

"Do your thing Jade." He hugged me and walked upstairs leaving me in the living room. I went to my room and closed the door. I stripped down out my clothes and took a shower. I stepped out and put on my black Brooklyn t shirt, red Aero sweat pants, and my bred 11's. I put my long silky hair into a messy bun. I wouldn't describe myself as the beauty queen everyone back home says I am. I would say that I'm 'okay'. I smiled in the mirror at myself. I had my mother's high yellow skin and her long black hair. I had my dad's dark eyes. I grabbed my phone and Brooke. Brooke is what I call my basketball. My grandma gave it to me when I was 10. Before she died she said that I had a future and that I should live up to it. And she was right. Basketball is my future. I call her Brooke because Brooklyn is my hometown. I strutted out the room and down the stairs.

"Percy! Im gone!" I yelled loud enough so he could hear me.

"Okay!" He yelled. I exited the door and hit the sidewalk. I swear it's like Percy picked the hoodest neighborhood he could find in Inglewood. I thought Brooklyn was the hood! Brooklyn ain't got shit on Inglewood. I see prostitutes on every corner. Thugs on the corner selling dope. I approached the basketball court and saw a bunch of boys playing. They looked to be my age if not older. I walked onto the court and everybody stopped and just stared at me.

"Are you lost baby girl?" One boy asked while wiping the sweat from his head. His wide broad shoulders pealed through his white muscle shirt. He seemed to be the leader in this crew.

"Naw I came to play ball." I said trying not to feel intimidated by his height. I mean I'm 5'7 but this nigga was way taller than me. They all started laughing.

"Girl you too pretty to play a man's sport." The other boy said. He was about my height with a bunch of tattoos and his six pack.

"Pretty? Y'all don't know me." I said dropping my ball not caring where it bounced. Luckily it just rolled to the fence.

"Yea pretty. And you right I don't know you. What you doing in the hood baby girl?" The taller boy asked once again. These boys looked like trouble. And I noticed something that caught my eye. They all had red bandanas on they head. Aw shit! This the bloods! I done got my ass caught up in some shit now! Where Killa at when you need him?! Oh yea Killa is my best friend back at home. He in that gang stuff too but I don't support him in that stuff. I think he a blood too.

"I ain't from here. I came from the East coast." I said with full fledge confidence.

"Oh my bad shawty!" He said raising his hands in surrender while bagging back with the others. They laughed.

"Lets see what she got Dee." The dark skin one said patting the taller boy who I'm guessing is Dee.

"Aite." I said. We got out in the court.

"I got red over here." The boy with all the tattoos on his packs said while pointing at me.

"Shampoo punk ass ." Dee snapped. Shampoo?! Who in the hell let somebody call them shampoo?!

"She look trill." Shampoo laughed. The game began. Dee was dribbling the ball but he wasn't shaking me off too good. I was able to get the ball and run it down the court. Shampoo slow ass wasn't blocking them niggas like he should. For some reason they all circled me. I dribbled the ball and stood there.

"Thank you Shampoo for blocking!" I said sarcastically. They all burst out in laughter.

"She funny mane." Another boy laughed. I smiled because these boys goofy as hell.

"I ain't never met no bloods that laugh at every damn thing." I laughed.

"What bloods you know?" Dee asked.

"My best friend back home is a blood." I said.

"Oh so you loving the crew?" Another boy laughed. Dee shoved him in the side.

"What he tried to say is you ain't new to the game." Dee said. I just humped my shoulders.

"I'm not into that type of stuff. I'm strictly basketball." I admitted. Dee nodded his head in understanding.

"I like her." Shampoo admired me from head to toe. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Who you here with ma?" He licked his lips so attractively.

"My step daddy." I said giving them their ball back because apparently the game is over and it's all about me now.

"Oh that's cool." Dee said. A cell phone started to ring.

"Hello." Shampoo answered. His facial expression looked different. His eyes got darker. He scanned me for a minute.

"Yo we got to go." He told the boys. They all headed towards the street.

"Aye I never got your name!" Dee turned around and yelled to me.

"Jade!" I yelled back. I heard whispering but ignored it.

"Catch you later Jade!" Shampoo yelled as they disappeared into the streets. I guess it's something about me that attracts bloods. I giggled at my own thought. I grabbed Brooke and started making a few shots by myself.

------

Comment and tell me what you think.