The Rattling Ark

The tickets were sold out. I was going to die. This was it. I had talked to my mom on the phone. She had said they were going to try and get on it back home. I hadn't heard anything from them since so I had to hope that they were going to be on the train. I might not ever see them again. I was on spring break with some friends in Europe. My friends had already ditched me in the panic. I stumbled back as I was hit by a stray punch from a nearby fight. 

"It's my ticket, you bitch!" I heard yelled as the two women fought over a ticket. I grabbed it quickly and ran. 

"Hey!" I heard yelled faintly. The adrenaline was pumping through my veins and everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. I handed the ticket over to the man by the doors. He let me into the crowded car. I quickly looked around, calling out my parents' names but not hearing anything. The doors were closed a few minutes later and the train started moving. I breathed deeply. We were all squished together. Guards made their way into the cart, telling us to hand over our possessions and saying they would be returned later. I didn't trust them. I slowly slipped my knife and the picture of my family into my bra. My necklace went in my bra next. The guards came by with big buckets. 

"Remove all jewelry." He instructed. I took my earrings off and put them in the bucket. I slipped off my ring and dropped it in. I dropped in my wallet and watched him pat me down. He started feeling on my chest a little more grabby then I would have liked. 

"Hey! Hands off!" I snapped. He smirked. 

"I'm just doing my job. And if your nice, I might be able to get you up to the middle class section." He said, moving my shirt to try and get his hand in my bra. 

"She said to get your hands off her!" I heard growled from beside me. The guard glared and moved on after that. I looked at the boy. 

"Thanks. I hate perverts." I said. He nodded. 

"I understand that. I'm Curtis. Curtis Everett." He said, offering me his hand. I shook his hand. 

"I'm Erin Parker. How old are you? I'm 16." I said, smiling.

"17." He replied, smiling back. I was glad to have made a friend. He helped me search for my family but ultimately, I decided they hadn't made it. We all slowly realized that there was no food or water. The only water we had was from a leak that let in ice. We fought over who got the ice but Curtis and I usually made a pretty good team on getting it. We shared pretty much everything. We were all slowly starving though. A few people had already died and that's when the cannibalism started.

I love feedback! Constructive criticism is appreciated and so are any comments! Have a nice day, lovies!