Returning and The Reunion

We packed a few energon cubes for the journey and headed off toward the base.

"Optimus. We'll be heading to the base. Sorry it's such on short notice." I heard Megs comm link Optimus. 

I could just see Optimus saying that it was no trouble and that the team would gladly have us. Decepticons and Autobots were now one and were called Cybertronians. There were important missions still concerning human powers and their safety, but I knew very little about that. I, however, did know that Chromia and Ironhide had had sparklings, and Flareup and Arcee were looking for their mech of interest.

We landed shortly along the runway which was open for only a couple minutes. We transformed and quickly got off the runway before Drift ran past and took off in his helicopter alt mode. Starscream, Skywarp, and Thundercracker then came in ready to greet Megatron. Starscream stood with a sneer.

"Greetings, lord Megatron." Starscream said with a mocking bow. I just glared at him. He would never be a better mech, and certainly would never be on my 'trust' list. Skywarp and Thundercracker just stood, watching their triplet make a fool of himself.

"Hello Skywarp, Thundercracker." I said, and shook servos with them.

"Hey, it's been a while." Skywarp said.

"What brings you back?" Thundercracker asked.

"Itchy spark chamber." I said. They half looked at me confused. I could only think that it was kept private unless they became medics. I felt amusement come in through the bond. I knew he had mentally heard my thoughts.

The triplets led us inside, and the first transformer I laid eyes on was Ratchet. He came up quickly, aggression written in his form and movements.

"You two. Check up. Now." He said with strong emphasis on his words. His voice, I noted, was one I remembered well.

"Okay, Ratchet. Just give us a moment to find Optimus and we'll..." I started, giggling at first.

"No. The moment that everyone knows you're here, you will be smothered and busy. When I say 'now', I mean it." He said, taking out his wrench.

I immediately ducked my head, and went behind my husband.

"Okay, okay. We give." I say, while hiding.

"Good. Now get to the medbay."

"Do not worry so, Ratchet. We'll be there shortly." Megatron said.

Ratchet turned with a huff and grumbled to himself on his way to the med bay.

"Elizabeth. Are you all right?"

"Yeah. Just a little nervous"

"All right, but don't let it lead you. I'll make you forget your nervousness if I have to."

I laughed, "Yeah, that would go over well. Not." I retorted.

He just smiled and then pushed my nervous self down to the med bay.

Once we entered the med bay we received orders to stand aside while Ratchet fixed one of the former Decepticons. I heard a yell down the hall from Ironhide and one other mech. Their teamwork, as it sounded like, had gone wrong, and I assumed it wasn't the first time.

"Let me guess. Ironhide got a partner and now there's more wounded than before."

"Pft! You got that right. And I'm the one who has to fix them all up!" Ratchet replied.

"Oh, come on. You can't be the only one. Jolt and Knockout should be glad to help." I replied with a joyful tone.

"No. We've got a team with Bumblebee as the commander at another base where Jolt is working. Knockout is the emergency medic on missions, and all he does in his spare time is buff his paint job."

"Hmm." Was all I had to respond. My thoughts went along the lines of, 'Sounds about right.'

--What have you got against him?-- Megs asked mentally about Ratchet.

--Nothing at the moment. Just a nasty feeling in the back of my mind.-- I answered.

--I wish you wouldn't. You need to make sure you keep it in check.-- Megs responded.

I just about glared at him, but I knew he was right. I guess I was just getting too irritated.

Suddenly, I was pulled from my place and sat on a berth. I didn't object and watched Ratchet fuss around with things, then I get a comment.

"You've been scratching your paint."

"Yes, and unconsciously at times." Megs added to the comment, coming forward from his spot.

"Suffering itchy spark chamber are we?" Ratchet asked.

"Yes. Very much so." I responded.

"Open your spark chamber." Ratchet ordered. I did as I was told and he looked inside. 

"Yep, just as I thought. Sparked." He stated.

"Okay, what does that mean?" I asked with a 'I already know' look on my faceplate. I felt amusement over the bond and started giggling with Megatron chuckling along. Ratchet sat with a half smile.

"Don't play coy with me. I know you know." He said, a slight saddened edge to his voice, but otherwise playful.

I got up and hugged Megs, "We're going to have a child!" I almost shout excitedly.

"Actually, you have a rare thing that most ground or aerial modes don't have."

"What's that?" I ask.

"You've got twins coming."

"Two?!" My processor was blown. The one thing I had always wanted was twins, and by the grace of God, and Primus, I was going to have them. I was shocked and joyful at the same time. Megs just hugged me chuckling while my chin still hung. I couldn't believe it and I almost jumped around ecstatically with joy. I was so happy, I just couldn't believe it.

This joy, and with my family, on such a day, was possibly the best day of my life.