XVIII

Back to the old me: updating at crazy hours. I just got done watching the Cheetah Girls(Disney channel had a whole marathon of their original movies this weekend and I totally spent the whole weekend reminiscing on my childhood). It is almost 5AM, what is wrong with me? :))))))))

Onwards....

Kimi had crossed Sasuke's mind several times while at work and he found his mind wandering back to the woman once again as he stepped out of the elevator and onto his floor. She was still living with him, along with her son. Things had remained relatively the same, but he had noticed a few differences in her behavior and even his.

He noticed that she was keeping a distance. Every time he neared, she would subtly take a step or two back or to the side. When they talked, she would avoid looking him in the eye. She probably thought he wouldn't notice something so faint, but he had a keen eye. He suspected it was because of his confession the previous week, if it could even be called that.

For himself, he found that his gaze more often than not was glued to her. His eyes would travel from her face, to the base of her neck, down her torso, and finally to her backside where they'd linger for just a bit longer. He felt like Suigetsu every time he caught himself staring at her nicely shaped bottom.

And as he entered his apartment, he again found his eyes glued to her butt. He had a perfect view of it the way she was positioned. She stood bent over the arm of his couch as she talked to Ranmaru, who was sitting on said couch playing with a toy. Yeah, he was definitely becoming Suigetsu.

Ranmaru was the first to notice him come in. Waving one of his arms, the toddler grinned as he called out, "Sake! Sake!"

Hearing this, Kimi glanced over her shoulder to the Uchiha standing by the door. "Hi, Sasuke," she greeted. When he didn't immediately respond she called out, "Sasuke?"

The Uchiha's eyes immediately shot up from their gaze on her lower half to her slightly confused face. Hopefully she didn't notice where he was looking. "Hey," he returned, his voice holding that barely interested tone it normally had.

He walked further into the apartment, making his to the living room where Kimi and Ranmaru were. He threw his keys onto the small coffee table in the center of the living room. Probably not the best move, since it was glass, but that didn't stop him from doing it.

"How was work?" Kimi asked. She had changed her position. She was turned around to face him, and was now sitting on the edge of the couch's arm.

"Fine," Sasuke answered as he sat down on the loveseat adjacent to the couch Kimi sat on.

"That's good..." She drifted off and the small conversation died, turning into an awkward silence.

Sasuke rested his arms on the back of the loveseat and crossed his right leg over his left as he quietly observed the woman less than three feet away. Her eyes traveled around the room, as if searching for something new that she had yet to see. Definitely trying to look anywhere but at him. He tilted his head looking around her and to her son. A toy dragon was occupying his full attention, so he took no notice of what was going on around him.

When he looked back to the woman, she was looking down and picking at her nails, still avoiding his sight. Deciding he had enough of the silence, he asked, "Are you going to continue avoiding me?"

Kimi looked up, surprise evident on her face. "What?"

"Are you going to continue avoiding me?" He repeated.

"Sasuke, how could I possibly avoid you in your own home?"

"I don't know," Sasuke responded. "But you're strong headed enough to try it."