XIV

A/N: First excuse any errors, etc because it's almost 2 in the morning and leaving things in the hands of Word's spellcheck doesn't always work out lol, and I'm not going to lie I'm kind of rushing to get this posted. Secondly, I really truly apologize for the wait. I just officially started college, full on campus living and everything, so I've been very very busy, and before I was busy with packing and preparations. Lastly, I'd just like to extend a big thank you to all of you who have stuck with this story and left reviews even though I've been really sucking balls at updating. The reviews really encourage me and make me so excited seeing that you guys really like the story. So...THANK YOU! XOXOXO

Okay, on with the chapter!

                                                                     ==============

Sasuke Uchiha's Friday night had gone fairly well. Work had gone by quickly and smoothly, and once he had headed home, he took a shower and got changed, ready to take Sakura out to dinner. The dinner had also gone well, save for him having to listen to her drone on about things at the hospital, and the rest of the evening had been spent at Sakura's apartment. Overall, the evening had been good. So when his phone began ringing at almost three in the morning, he wanted to do more than just strangle someone to death.

He let out a growl as he pulled the covers off of his half naked form and grabbed his cell phone from the nightstand. He glanced at the woman who still lay in the bed and made his way out of the room, trying not to wake her. He glared at the unknown number before accepting the call and putting the phone to his ear.

"Whoever this is better have a damn good reason for waking me up at two-thirty in the morning." He ground out, trying his hardest not cuss the person out.

"Sasuke?"

"Ayame?" His tone immediately turned into one of confusion. Why was she calling him so late? And how did she get his number?

"Yes, I'm sorry for calling so late, but-."

"Get on with it Ayame, it's almost three in the morning."

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't know who else to call. It's Kimi."

He stood up straight, growing more serious. "What about her?"

"I...I left her place half about twenty minutes ago, but as I was leaving I passed by a guy in all black. I tried to call her but she didn't answer. I'm worried."

Sasuke sighed, his eyebrows unconsciously furrowing as frown made its way onto his face. "What did this guy look like?" He asked.

"He was tall and it was dark, so I didn't really get to see his face but his hair looked to be gray."

Gray hair? His frowned deepened as one person came to mind, and it wasn't someone pleasant. What was he doing at Kimi's so late? Nothing good could come to his mind. "I'll check it out." He said hurriedly and hung up. He went through his contacts, trying to find Kimi's phone number to call her, but cursed when it was nowhere to be see. "Damn it," he muttered, making his way back into the room to throw his clothes on and grab the rest of his things. He had only given her his number and had never gotten hers in return.

"Mm...Sasuke...what are you doing?" A half asleep Sakura asked, stirred awake by the rustling of the Uchiha slipping on his slacks. Sasuke glanced at her from across the darkened room; she was sitting up, rubbing her eyes.

"Something came up," he quickly answered.

"Huh...? What time is it?"

"Go to sleep. I'll call you tomorrow."