Chapter Five

It was an hour or so after you and Charles had 'finished up' when you were woken up by Charles. His hand gently gripped your shoulder. "Y/N, darling, wake up."

You groaned and sat up, the late afternoon air dragging chills across your whole body. You looked over at your loving boyfriend to see he was already dressed.

You slowly remembered what happened earlier and found yourself speaking.

"How were you able to move?"

"Anti-paralysis serum; Hank created it approximately two years after Cuba. I used it for a while, but it cancelled the affects of my telepathy. So, Hank convinced me to put a stop to it. I only keep a spare few vials for when absolutely necessary. Like earlier today, for example." He chuckled as you pulled a sheet around yourself.

You made your way to the dresser, picking out some clothes for the day and responded, "well, I wish I known you moved that way before Cuba. By the way, every time will feel like the first. Regeneration and all."

He nodded as you looked back again and added, "I'm taking a shower."

You dropped the sheet right before the door swung shut and and your hand found it's way to the faucet.

As the handle turned, it did something that wasn't strong enough to be a scream, but most definitely louder than a hum. You could hear water splashing through the pipes and looked at the shower head to see steadily pellets of water shooting out, but they turned into more.

You stepped in, not even testing to see how hot or cold it was, and you gave a happy sigh as your sore bones began to loosen. The remnants of sex were washing away.

Just to make that warmth last as long as possible, you grabbed your shampoo and lathered it all around your head for a moment and then rinsed it out. The conditioner on the other hand took longer. You could feel your hair taking in the moisture and giving it a silky texture for the moment.

While you let the conditioner soak, you had washed your body and tried to clean your own mess from earlier as best as possible. Then you let your hair rinse out and the shower handles were flipped off.

Beads of steaming water still rolled down the valley of your chest, the small of your back, and down your shoulder. Although, they didn't last long as you began to drag a towel across your skin.

After you were dry enough, you began to dress. That day a knee-length knit dress had hugged the curves you liked. It was a gentle gray, like the rainy daytime sky. Your hair was styled, makeup done, and it was time for you to head to dinner with Charles. You really had slept the day away, and in more ways than one.

So, you stepped out of the bathroom to see Charles messing with his hair in front of a vanity. You chuckled, "Charles, your hair looks fine. We wouldn't want to keep our friends waiting, now would we?"

His chair slowly turned to face you and a smile had slithered to his lips. "You look gorgeous, love. Maybe this means I can show you off."

You giggled as he held your hand tightly within his own, and the both of you walked, he rolled, to the dining room for a much earlier dinner than before; five o'clock instead of ten.

You two sat at the table with your dear friends once again and dinner commenced. Dinner that night was a honey baked ham, macaroni and cheese, along with a sweet corn. May have not been the fanciest meal, but it certainly was delicious.

So, as you all picked at your plates, Hank decided to make conversation. "So I ran into Jean this morning, said that you helped her sleep, Y/N."

You nodded, waiting to get a swallow of food down before you could say anything. Then you added, "she had a nightmare; one about a car crash. Does she have it often?"