Chapter Twenty-Two | Grace

2 MONTHS AGO

2 MONTHS AGO

I stared at the ceiling. I stared past beyond that. I was alone. I had never been alone. It's been a day since my sister started missing. Flyers were given out to every police station near town. I made a facebook page for her to easily connect with anyone who would have information for her.

          There was a saying that if a person didn't want to be found, then they wouldn't be found. It's going to be hard if she was hiding somewhere secluded.

          I laughed at myself, at everything I was doing. Leigh was good at hiding... her feelings, her true reactions and now herself. That was one thing I didn't learn to myself. When we had that huge argument, she became fearless. She learned on how to defend herself. She learned to fight back at me. Sometimes when I looked at her eyes, I cringed. I could no longer see the sweet Leigh I once took care of after our parents death. I knew she'd be okay on her own. But right now, I was afraid of thinking that she was on her own.

           Percy groaned beside me, turning towards me and wrapping his arm over my waist. He spent the night with me. I debated if it's the right thing to do but he wouldn't go. So I let him stayed over. It's not like we're doing something bad. I was sure Leigh wouldn't even mind. But with her attitude lately, I think this would be hard to explain to her.

          He didn't ask any more questions where Leigh was. We both knew what the answer was. It's either she's missing or she's hiding.

          I hadn't told him about our trip to the safety cabin in the woods. I never even have an intention on telling it to him so I'd rather not open up about it.

          "Percy," I patted his arm. He didn't move away. I chuckled. "Come on, get up."

          He held on to me tighter.

          "Percy, you gotta move."

          "Why?" he asked, his voice muffled by the pillow.

          "This is wrong," I told him matter of factly. "Leigh is missing and we are cuddling. This is, in any angle you look at, is wrong. So get up. It's a long day. We have to figure out where to search for Leigh."

          Without any answer, he slid his hand away to me, got out of bed and headed to the bathroom, locking it behind him. I felt my heart crack. Even though he didn't say anything, I knew he realized how wrong was our action was. I opened my laptop and went to facebook to see if there was anyone who would have updated us with regards the missing case. No update as of this morning.

         Officer Ryans was the one assigned to my sister's case. He said that if she didn't show up for the next forty eight hours, we had to start with the manhunt. I almost laughed at the term used but the look on his face meant serious so I coughed it out.