Chapter Twenty-One | Grace

It had only been two minutes since I closed the door behind me

It had only been two minutes since I closed the door behind me. I wanted to call on Percy and tell him what I found but there were still questions in my head. One of it was the letter I didn't even understand. I could not think properly especially knowing that Leigh's dead.

          I stood up and walked to my full length mirror. I stared at myself and imagined my sister being here with me right now. She would hug me and tell me that everything's going to be fine. That whatever we were encountering right now, we would get through this. But all I saw was myself in ragged clothes and messy tied bun.

         Slowly, the tears let out. I was in pain. Leigh was in pain and I was just here trying to figure out where she could have been. If it wasn't for the shadow and stalkerish people following me, I wouldn't have stayed around and waited for them to get here. I should've gone to the cabin in the first place, right on the first day Leigh had gone missing. I never realized my mistake until today. All I thought was when once she came back, Percy would be gone to me. It never crossed my mind that she might never come back anymore and that she would never get back Percy to her life because she was already gone.

         I was selfish. I had been a bad sister... a bad twin.

          I untied my hair and as I did it, I saw a figure on the far side of my room. She was looking down again. This time, I knew I could tell it properly, she was wearing the same clothes wore on the last time I saw her.

          "Who are you?" I asked, not turning to face her. I was only looking at her through our reflections in the mirror.

          She didn't lift her head. "Who are you?" she asked back.

          I frowned. "What do you want from me?"

          She laughed softly and asked the same question. "What do you want from me?"

          I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. "This is not a joke anymore. Please tell me who are you."

          Her left foot moved forward. The beating of my heart doubled. She was coming for me. I had to show I was not afraid of her. Her right foot followed after. Then she was walking close to me. I took steps backward until I hit the windowsill. I had nowhere else to go and she was only ten feet away now. I felt myself being in one of a horror movie where the killer was close to kill you.

          She stopped five feet away. She reached her hand and I saw the ring I gave her on our eighteenth birthday. This person was Leigh. How come the police said she was dead already? This person was clearly not a ghost. She was real.

         "Take my hand, Grace," she said. She had the same voice, the same height and the same gestures. Leigh always tell me to take her hand especially when we go out. She felt secured with my hand in hers. She said that besides the comfort of the cabin, my hand was her other solace.