13: Flights and Visiting

David's POV

11:30 pm

Ugh, I feel so bad. Being sick sucks. I'm just laying on the couch, sleeping. I suddenly get a call. Who would be calling at this time of night?

David: Hello?

Person: Hello, is this David Camarena?

David: Yes, and who are you?

Person: I am a nurse for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. I am sorry to tell you this but your friend, Joseph Graceffa, has been in an accident.

David: Joey?! I'll be there as soon as possible.

Oh no, Joey got in an accident! I have to tell Meghan!

Me: Meghan, I'm sorry to interrupt the reunion, but this is really important. I just got a call from a nurse from Cedars-Sinai Medical Center and she told me that Joey got in a car accident. I will update you on Joey when I get there. -Dave

I quickly get dressed and hop into my car. I drive to the hospital fast. I hope Joey will be ok!

*At the Hospital*
(Still David's POV)

I run into the hospital doors. I look around the room and I see Cat with tears in her eyes. I run to her and hug her. She hugs me back and cries on my shoulder.

"Cat, what happened?" I ask Cat. "Joey is still in surgery and they just told me what happened in the accident." Cat pauses for a second and then she continues. "Joey was driving really fast on a side road. I guess his hand just slipped and...and...he crashed into an electric pole. Joey got shocked but it wasn't major. Two of his organs have been punctured. They have to do an emergency transplant on him."

Cat couldn't continue. I didn't have to hear anymore. I pulled her into another hug. I start tearing up too. Joey is a survivor, he will make it. I just know it.

Cat and I sit down and we don't say anything else. I was just thinking and then I remembered about Meghan. Oh God, Meghan... She will not take this easy. This will be like the Jimmy break-up situation times 10. This is Joey we're talking about, her best friend.

Meghan's POV

(11:45 pm in US)
(8:45 in Italy)

Ugh, I couldn't sleep last night. I know I should've but I just couldn't. I'm just laying on my bed, just thinking. I roll over to grab my phone and I see that I got a text from David.

Oh my gosh. Wha..what's going on?! Joey got in an accident?! No, no. Why Joey? I have to leave.

I get changed and pack my bags. I leave the room with my bags to Aunt Sarah's room. I knock on her door and she opens it sleepily.

" *yawns* Oh hey Meghan! What are you doing here?" I sadly look at her and say, "I am so sorry, Aunt Sarah, I have to leave early. My best friend got in a car accident. He's in the hospital and I really have to see him." Aunt Sarah looks sad at first but then she says to me, "I can tell this boy is really special to you. I'm sorry that this happened to him. Go to him." I smile and hug her. We hug for a little longer and then we break it up. "Thanks Aunt Sarah. I will visit you soon. I love you." She smiles and says, "What are you waiting for? Go get him." I smile and head towards the reception area.

I go to the guest computer and book the earliest flight. The best I could get was a 9:45 flight and it was 9:00. I printed the boarding pass out and checked out of the hotel. I called a cab to get to the airport. Once the cab came, I got in it and went to the airport.

When I got to the airport, I checked in my bags and went to security. The line was actually not that long. When I got out, I went to my gate, Gate 9. It was 9:35, but they were starting to line people up. I got in line when they called my group.

I eventually got in the plane and chose a front seat so I can get off earlier. I should get to Cedars-Sinai Medical care Center about 2:45 am. We're starting to lift off. Ok Joey, I'm coming.

(Still Meghan's POV)
*13 hours later*
1:45 am

I couldn't sleep during the flight. I couldn't help but worry about Joey. I was praying for him on the plane. I really hope he's ok.

The flight attendants we're letting us out. I was rushing through the crowds to get out of the plane and to the baggage carousels.

When I got to the carousel, it was already running. I got my bags and ran outside to get a cab. I eventually got a cab. I told the driver where to go and to step on it. Ok, it will only be about less than an hour until I can see Joey.

*Sorry about the time change*

Cat's POV

1:30 am

I'm so glad David is here. I have someone that I can let out my tears too. I've been waiting for hours. It'll we worth it though. This is for Joey.

"Joey Graceffa?" a nurse says. David and I immediately stand up and say, "Yes" at the same time. "Ok. Joey has just gotten out of an emergency transplant. He's still on anesthesia and unconscious. But we will allow you to visit him."

David and I look at each other with concerned faces. Before I can say anything, David tells me, "You should go in by yourself. I'll be waiting here."
I put on my "are you sure" face but David just nods at me. I smile at him and say, "Thanks, David."

I face the nurse and say, "I'm ready to see Joey."
———————————————————
Author's Note

Hello beautiful people! Shay here.  I'm sorry I haven't updated in awhile (again) but I made this long chapter just for you guys and gals. I know this weekend has been very tragic. First of all, Christina Grimmie was shot and killed during a meet and greet after her performance. Second of all, at a gay bar in Orlando, a gun man killed 50 people and injured 53 more. These are two more reasons why gun violence has to end. It's destroying our world and tearing us apart. If you or a loved one is having mental problems, please contact a doctor or talk to someone. If you don't, it will only get worse and events like the ones I mentioned, might happen. I just wanted to tell you about this weekend. I didn't want to make anyone sad, just to alert you of that. I also want to say thank you so much for reading my book. We now have 132 reads! I haven't even told you the best part. If you click on a moey, joeygraceffa, meghancamarena, etc. tag, Always is in the 'What's New' row thingy! I know that sounds lame but it's blowing my mind. And I'm out of school so I will do my best to get more updates done. Ok this Author's Note is going on too long so I'll end it. I love you guys and gals so much❤️ Always remember that. So always, stay young. Stay hungry. BAII ✌️
-Shay