4: Anime and Fortune Cookies

Joey's POV

I don't know how fast I'm going. I'm probably going 15 miles above the speed limit. I can barely see anything because it's so dark out. I don't care though. It's for Meghan.

I arrive at Meghan and David's house and bursts into the door.

"Where is she!" I say. "In her room." David replies.

I run up the stairs into Meghan's room. I open the door to see Meghan on her bed, crying.

"Meghansan," I say softly.

She looks at me and starts to cry again. I run over to her and gave her a huge bear hug. Meghan starts to cry in my chest.

"Shh, shh. I'm here now." I say to her. "Joey, why does love have to hurt so much?" she mumbles to me. "I don't know but we keep going, now matter how much it hurts." I say to Meghan.

Meghan stops crying and wipes her tears. She smiles at me. I smile back.

"You want to order Chinese food and watch Totoro?" I ask Meghan. "I would love that." she replies.

I order the Chinese food and it gets here in about 15 minutes. I go downstairs and pay for the food.

I bring up the food and some plates to Meghan's room. I see her on her bed, playing with her hair. Right now I'm getting this weird feeling towards Meghan. Snap out of it, Joey!

"The food has arrived." I say to Meghan. "Finally. I'm starving." She replies. I give her the food and I put on Totoro.

When we finished the movie, I took our plates downstairs. I come upstairs and I see Meghan with 2 fortune cookies in her hand.

"We forgot the most important part!" Meghan says. "You open one first." I say to her.

Meghan opens up the cookie. She smiles at the fortune.

"What is it?" I ask her. She gives me the fortune. I read it aloud:

"Sometimes what you're looking for was right in front of you the whole time."

"I think I believe that." Meghan tells me. I smile too. "Ok, your turn." she tells me.

I open the fortune cookie. I read it to myself. I'm so shocked when I read it.

"Sometimes what you're looking for was right in front of you the whole time."

What does this mean? Am I imagining this? Was this meant to be? Meghan snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Joey, are you ok?" she asks. "Yea I'm fine." I tell her. " What's your fortune?" "Some random thought.", I lie. "Want to watch another movie?" Meghan asks. "Sure" I tell her.

I pop in another movie. I barely watched the movie. All I was concentrated was the fortune.
————————————————————
Author's Note

Hello beautiful people! Shay here! I'm sorry for not updating for awhile. Again, sort of a perfectionist😁. I think I want to make my chapters about this long. I promise the story will get more exciting. Thank you for all the reads and everything! So always, stay young. Stay hungry.
BAII ✌️