11: Family and Voicemails

Quick Author's Note

I just wanna say thank you so much for the reads! 98 frickin reads! I'm like whaat?! I'll end this note and I hope you enjoy chapter 11 of Always.
-Shay
———————–—–——————————–
Meghan's POV

Ughh. I'm so uncomfortable and tired but we're supposed to be in Florence in 10 minutes! I'm just a little disturbed that I was in this plane for 13 hours. *shutters*

Yes, they're going to let us out. Good thing I sat in the front because I'll be one of the first people out.

After 2 minutes, the flight attendants let us out. I got out quickly and went straight to the baggage claim. It took 5 minutes for the luggage carousel to start. I picked up my bag and went outside of the airport.

It was difficult to get a taxi because it was so crowded and I'm in a different country with a different language. I finally got a taxi and I told the man where I wanted to go.

I'm good on time because it's 2020 (8:20 pm) right now and we have to be there 2045 (8:45 pm) That'll give me 25 minutes to get there.

In 20 minutes, we got to the hotel we're meeting at. I paid the man and took my bags. Wow, this hotel is amazing. After I'm done fantasizing about the hotel, I go inside the hotel.

There's a blond receptionist behind the counter. I walk up to her and say, "Hello. I'm one of the Camerenas. My name is Meghan."
"Oh yes. Meghan you say?" the woman says in an Italian accent. I nod at her. She gives me a key and says, "You are staying in Room 17, level 1. Your family is on the deck outside."
"Thank you." I tell her.
(Did you see what I did in that paragraph *wink, wink*)

I took the key and headed to my room. I go inside and the room is astonishing. It's not small and it has very pretty decoration. I'm guessing I have my own room because there's only one bed. I put my stuff down and head to the deck.

I see my family on the deck. When I go on the deck, Aunt Sarah greets me.

"Oh my gosh. Meghan, you're here! I'm so glad you're here." Aunt Sarah tells me. "Yea, I'm glad I came. It's so good to see you and the rest of the family."
Aunt Sarah speaks to me more and I talk to my other relatives.

After we all talk with one another, everyone goes back to their rooms. I stay at the deck and look at the sky. It's pitch black but the stars and lights illuminate the light. I don't know why but all I could think about was Joey. I couldn't get him out of my head. I stayed up most of the night, thinking about Joey.

Joey's POV

(Around Midnight in California)

I couldn't sleep yesterday. Meghan was on my mind 24/7. I can't take it anymore. I have to tell her my feelings. (Joey didn't know about Meghan's trip) It's Labor Day and it feels like the right time.

I get changed in fancy clothes but not too fancy. I left a note for Sawyer on the coffee table. He's staying for another night at his friend's house. I get into my car and drive quickly.

I'm driving really fast because I can't hold my feelings for Meghan in any longer. I took the forest roads because of the LA traffic. I leave a voicemail for Meghan:

Meghan, I'm driving to you right now. I have to tell you something impo....

I don't get to finish the word. I hear a crash. I can't see anything but darkness.....
———————————————————
Author's Note

DUN DUN DUN DUUN!! A CLIFFHANGER!!! I bet you want to know what happens to Joey. Trust me, I want to know too. I want to say sorry for not updating recently. Also sorry for the long chapter. If you didn't know, Joey's birthday was on the 16th!! I posted a whole chapter about itThank you so much for the reads. Almost 100 reads!! Thank you for your free time in reading my book. Well I'll end this long chapter. I love you guys and gals! So always, stay young. Stay hungry. BAII✌🏼
-Shay