15: Visiting Joey

Cat's POV
(When Meghan came)

Oh crap. Meghan is here. She immediately hugs David. Meghan lets go and asks David, "What happened to Joey? Where is he?" David tells Meghan what happened. She couldn't take it.

Meghan fell on the floor and was crying a river. David kneeled down next to Meghan and comforted her. I didn't really care about them right now. I had to get out of here.

I got my stuff and ran out of the hospital. I got in my car and drove to my apartment.

When I got there, I ran inside to my room. I locked it and sat on my bed, curled up in a ball. Ugh, what should I do?!

Should I tell Meghan what happened? She is my friend but I love Joey. Again, the whole Joey-confessing-his-love thing might be the anesthesia talking.

Of course! It's just the anesthesia! Joey couldn't possibly be in love with Meghan. It's so obvious he loves me. I'll save Meghan another heartbreak.

Oh crap. I forgot I left David and Meghan without any notice. They must be worried. I get out of my apartment and drive back to the hospital.

Meghan's POV
(3:35 am)

David and I are getting worried. It's been like 30 minutes since Cat left. She didn't tell us anything, she just left. I wonder if anything was going on. David and I weren't doing until a nurse came in.

"Joey Graceffa?" David and I stand up. The nurse looks at us and says, "Oh yes. Joey is still sleeping but you can still visit him." I turn to David. I was going to speak but he already knew what I was thinking. "Go girl. I'll be waiting here." I smile at him and say, "Thanks Dave."

"Ok so I'm guessing you are going to visit Joey," the nurse asks me. "Yes." The nurse nods and says, "Ok, follow me." I smile at David and then follow the nurse to Joey's room.

*At Joey's Room*
(Still Meghan's POV)

When we get to Joey's room, the nurse tells me some precautions. "Joey will have all this medical stuff around and in him. He is also unconscious but you can still talk to him. Are you ready, ma'am?" I don't care about all that stuff. All I care about is Joey.

I nod to the nurse. The nurse opens the door and let's me in. "If you need anything or something is wrong, there's a "Call Nurse" button over there." I just nod at her. "Ok I'll give you two some privacy," the nurse tells me. "Thank you." She smiles at me and closes the door.

I turn to look at Joey. Sure he had tubes and IVs but I still saw my best friend. I pull a chair next to his bed and hold his hand.

"Hi Joey. It's me, Meghan. I know you're asleep and you won't hear me but, I just wanted to visit you. I still can't believe this happened to you." I start crying but I keep talking.

"When David told me what happened to you, I...I couldn't take it. I was a mess. It just really hurts to hear what happened to you. But to wrap this whole thing up, I'm really glad you're ok. I don't know what I would do if..if you. I don't even want to think about it."

"But I did really miss you on my family reunion trip. The night before I heard about your accident, I don't know why but I was thinking of you. I was looking up at the stars and you were on my mind. I couldn't help thinking about you, I...I'm just...sooo in love with you."

Oh my gosh. Did I just say that I love Joey. I quickly corrected myself.

"I mean, I really care about you. That's all. I don't even know why I'm saying this. I know you can't hear me." Oh great recovery, Meghan.