They're gone

Minerva sat at her desk, staring at the spot where Albus' Patronus had just been. How could they be gone? Lily and James. She could remember them clearly. It seemed like they were third years just yesterday. She remembered Lily Evans running across the grounds.

"Hurry Sev!" She'd yell as the young Slytherin boy chased her

"Shove off Padfoot!" James would laugh, running his hand through his messy black hair as his best friend laughed alongside him

Minerva cringed at the thought of Sirius Black. What he would do when he found out, she shuddered to think about. Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew were inseparable while at Hogwarts. The Marauders they called themselves. She snorted at the name. She'd given it to them of course.

Flashback:
Young Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, James Potter and Peter Pettigrew sat around a table in the library, whispering.

"What about the super pranksters?" Sirius said proudly, thinking himself quite clever

"Sirius, no." Remus laughed timidly

"What about the Belletores?" James asked

"No way!" Sirius said quickly "Too close to bloody Bellatrix."

Minerva smiled and walked up to the table of boys, ignoring the fact that One of the four was being excluded from this seemingly important conversation.
"And just what are you Marauders up to?" She asked, a curt little smile forming on her lips
The four boys looked at each other and smiled.

"Brilliant!" They exclaimed, gathering their books and scampering from the room.
"See you in class professor!" Remus exclaimed cheerfully, waving as he ran in the opposite direction.

End flashback:

She wiped a tear that had crept it's way down her cheek and grabbed her wand. She decided where she was going and appirated away.