Chapter 12

After he drove off in his motorcycle, and I shed a few tears, I wiped off the tears and grabbed my backpack which was now on the ground. I continued walking towards school, as I did not want to be any more late.

By the time I reached school, it was 8:56, and first period was about to end in 10 minutes. Realizing that there's no point in going to class now, I headed towards the library where I can be by myself without any disturbance. Not like anyone ever talked to me anyways. The only person who I talked to was Joseph. And now, even he's not with me. I still wonder what I did that he broke up with me. I decided to ask him later today, that is, if I have the courage to face him.

The bell for second period rang, and I headed to algebra. Joseph was in this class with me, so I was hesitating to go in when I reached the door. I had to go in eventually, because I knew I couldn't avoid him forever. I entered the classroom, my head down low, avoiding any chance of eye contact with Joseph. Usually, he would sit next to me, but today he was over by the corner, far from me. While I was sitting down, he looked at me, and I quickly looked away. That one second of eye contact we made, probably revealed all the emotions I'd been feeling. I didn't want him to know. Yes, I wanted him to know how hurt I was, but not how much pain I was in. I didn't want him to see that maybe, just maybe, I was injured. I didn't want to seem weak to him. I wanted him to know that he was unfair to me.