Chapter 7

"Not friends?" A new voice interjected.

Joseph and I looked back and saw Isaac standing there with hurt written over his face. I slowly stood up. "We are?" I asked. "I thought we were," he said. "I actually liked you, Olivia! I-"
"Don't you say that to my girlfriend," Joseph warned. Isaac's eyes fixated on me, "You have a boyfriend?" He looked so hurt. "And you never told me that?!" he yelled. At this point, I did not know how to react, respond, or breathe. I was just standing, not knowing what to feel. "You barely talked to her before, Isaac! So don't yell at her for not telling you," Joseph answered for me. Isaac hadn't taken his eyes off of me since that question. "I'm sorry I ever thought that," he said to me and stormed out of the library. I let go of my breath, and slumped my shoulders. What just happened?

"I'm going home," I decided and grabbed my bag before walking out. "I'll drop you," Joseph said. I shook my head, "I'll walk," I told him and kept walking. I know I shouldn't be acting this way towards Joseph when he backed me up, but I just didn't know how to act. It was better if I left.

Walking down the hallway, no one was around since they were in class. Maybe what I'm doing is considered cutting class, but I knew I would make up the work anyways. However, I was wrong about no one being in the hallway, because Isaac was standing, leaning with his arm against a locker. We made eye contact for a second, but I quickly looked away. I walked in a faster pace, to just get home and take a nap. "Wait," Isaac's voice made me halt in my tracks.