Prologue & Chapter 1

This is the story of Isaac Grey and Olivia Stein.

Isaac Grey is the ultimate bad boy of Francis High. He's the most popular boy in the entire school, everyone knows him.

But what happens when there turns out to be this one girl who has no clue who Isaac Grey is?

Well, Olivia Stein is that girl.

And this is their story.

//
2019// Hey guys, I ask not to leave any rude comments. I wrote this book years ago, back when I was in middle school. I'm in college now, so you understand how long ago it was. I know the plot is  confusing and not that good honestly, and I'm really sorry about that. But I don't want to delete the book because it's a part of my past, a part of something and someone I used to be.

So just be a bit understanding please.//
//

Chapter One

I ran my fingers through my long, brown hair in nervousness. My presentation was up next. Public speaking was something I have major anxiety about. I tried to explain to Mr Brown that I can't do it, but he didn't agree. According to him, I'm the best writer in our class and my writing skills were necessary in this presentation. I breathed in and out and drank water constantly, in order to calm myself down. Maybe if I tried to not think about the negative things that might happen, I'd do fine. Think positive, be positive. That's what Mr Brown had told me.

The only thing I have to say about this... As if.

Those tumblr quotes are not relatable in real life. They're meant to be 'cute' and 'pretty'. Well, life isn't cute or pretty. It's real.

I heard my name being called, Olivia Stein.

Olivia, you can do this. Just think about all the skittles you'll eat after the presentation. Yeah, that's helpful. Skittles make everything better.

"Olivia, don't be nervous, you'll do fine," Mr Brown encouraged right before I stepped onto the stage. Yeah, right, I thought. Giving him a forced, weak smile, I let my hair slide onto my face and took the microphone in my hand.

I got on the auditorium stage and started on the presentation. It was about the Earth and how kindness can make it a better place to live in. About halfway into the presentation, a guy caught my eye. He had dark brown hair, and an attractive face, and he was sitting right in the front row. It wasn't his stare or his face that caught my eye. It was the poster sign he was holding that caught my eye. He held a small poster that read, 'You suck! Good luck,' with a thumbs up sign. Seeing that people obviously thought the presentation sucked, or something was wrong with how I was looking, I felt nauseous. I ran off the stage and headed straight for the girls' bathroom, grabbing my backpack in the process. I didn't actually throw up, but I had to drink tons of water and sit myself to calm down. I tied my hair up into a ponytail to get it out of my face, before splashing water on my face.

I grabbed my bag and headed to the library, where I thought I could find some quietness. Even though it was quiet for some time, it was soon disrupted by the guy who held the 'you suck' sign during my presentation. He entered the library leniently, and we made eye contact for a mere second. I dug my face into the book to avoid any type of conversing. However, my plan didn't work out because  he came and sat right in front of me. After a glance, I looked back in the book. "I'm sorry," he spoke up. I looked at him and nodded, and kept reading my book. Even thought I wasn't really reading the words, my eyes were still on the page. "I didn't mean for you to run off or anything. It was just a joke," he explained. I suddenly stood up, closing my book, and looked at him, "I'm glad you thought of it as a joke. While it clearly wasn't a joke to me or my anxiety issues," and with that, I grabbed my school bag from the seat in one hand and my book in the other and left the library, my head down.