Chapter 5

“How in the world—?”

“I asked Fairy Mary if she could make me into a human for one week and she agreed.” Greyson said as my jaw dropped.

“But, why?” I said as he came closer to me.

“Coz, I wanna be with you.” he said as though making it obvious.

“Well, Greyson, I won’t be here tomorrow coz I’ll be with Cody—”

“What?!” Greyson gasp “You’re gonna spend one precious day with Cody Simpson?”

“He asked me if I could be his prom date and I said if he could make it up to me.” I said as he dropped his jaw.

“Are you serious? Are you sure it’s safe?” he said as I nodded.

“There’s nothing wrong in trying.” I said as he kept silent.

I handed him my cousin’s night pajamas. He slept in my dad’s room since my dad is away. I got in my white shirt, faded pink pajama pants and fluffy slippers and went off to bed.

*morning—alarm clock!! Riiiiiiiiiiing agaaaaaaaaaain!

I woke up and went to the kitchen and found Greyson cooking eggs and bacon.

“You know how to cook?” I said as he smiled.

“Yeah, it’s taught to fairies in fairy town.” He said as I nodded.

I prepared the table as he placed our meal on. He then pulled a seat in front of me.

“Here,” he said as I smiled and sat down.

We both ate and I took a glance on the clock. 9:24 a.m. It’s time to go to Cody’s hang out place. After I finished off my meal, I got bathe and did my daily routines. I dressed up in my white dress with tiny pink flower prints on it, flat flip-flops, and braided my hair to the side. Greyson took a bath as well and I handed him my cousin’s clothes as well. He got out of the room and dressed up in a green shirt, black skinny jeans and white converse.

“Do you really need to go?” he said as I picked up my bag.

“Yeah, maybe I’ll come back here in a while.” I said and poked his cheek.

I bid him good bye and went off to the park as Cody said. I sat on the bench as he approached me wearing a light blue colored shirt, dark blue skinny jeans and white Nike. I stood up as he held my hand.

“Ready?” he said as I let go of his hand.

“Yeah,” I said as he held my waist.

We went to the park and I always felt this sense that someone’s following us. Later on, Cody and I sat on the angelic fountain at the heart of the park. He handed me a coin and looked down at me.

“What’s this for?” I said looking up at him as he smiled.

“Make a wish.” He said.

“Wow, for a bully like you still believe in wishes.” I said sarcastically as he looked up at the fountain.

“I never was a bully. It just came in to me. Wishing takes the pain away if possible.” He said looking down.

“Why, what happened?” I said as his eyes turned glossy.

“My dad left us when I was still 12. I never had the experience to have a father and have a man to man conversation. I always wished to have a dad. But my mother never wanted to marry again. That’s why I started hating myself. Hating everyone.” He said as I looked at him sympathetically.

He rubbed the coin with his thumb feeling a bit embarrassed of telling someone he treats like dirt about something very personal in his life. I carefully walked closer to him and wrapped my arms around his torso. He’s a bit taller than me but I tried hard to reach his shoulder. He carefully wrapped his arms on my waist and his hair nudged on my neck. I giggled as I feel him smiled at the hug. It’s really awkward for me though. Hugging a person who treats me badly. But I understand him. He’s suffered too much and all he needed is someone who would be with him in times of darkness. We later on pulled away and held the coins.

“Come one make a wish.” I said as we both closed our eyes and threw it on the fountain “What did you wish for?”

“I wished for everyday to be always like this.” He said as we both smiled at each other.

We continued to walk and finally rested under a big tree. I sat down as he sat down beside me and wrapped an arm around me. He wrapped his free arm to my stomach which sent me butterflies in my stomach.

“Thanks for everything Shaina.” He said as I smiled.

He slowly went closer to my face and his lips went closer—and closer— closer— until a guy fell over the bush and when I saw who it was—it was Greyson.