Chapter 2

“Sunshine,” it whispered.

I still kept on sobbing until I felt the cold breeze blowing my floral dress. I sat up and heard the same faint sound of chimes.

“Sunshine,” the voice whispers a bit louder.

“It’s Shaina.” I said as the windows began to close and the chimes started to grow louder.

I stood up and found a firefly-like thing on my shoulder. I looked closer to it and saw a guy’s face. Wait, it’s not a firefly! IT’S A FAIRY!!! 100% FAIRY!!!

“A fairy—” I gasp until I was shut up by my own hands.

Its mouth started to move but all I hear are chimes.

“What are you saying?” I say as he flew down.

He landed on the floor and I looked down at him. He lifted his chin up and a light glowed on him. He began to get bigger and bigger and bigger! He looked just like an entire human! He is super duper handsome!!! He still has those wings and peter pan-like clothes. I stared at him jaw dropped. He smiled at me and slowly walked closer to wipe my tears on my cheek.

“Why are you crying?” he said. Dang, his voice is so awesome!!!

“I-I—It’s because o-of C-Cody.” I stuttered as he furrowed his eyebrows.

“Cody? You mean the guy who always bully you?” he said which made my eyes grew big.

“How’d you know that?” I said as he let go of me and sat on my bed.

“I know all about you! You’re this simple teenage girl,” he started to spin a small ball on his nose “Who loves to know more and see fairies and who finally see a fairy which is me.” He said as I crossed my arms and raised my eyebrow.

“So now I have a fairy odd stalker?” I joked and he laughed.

“Kind of like that.” He chuckled and lied down on air.

Whoa, I thought fairies talk differently and more properly. Maybe he’s in his teenage years too.

“How old are you?” I asked as he fixed his leaf made hat revealing his brunette colored hair.

“I lived in the fairy town for 16,000 years but it is considered as 16 years old in your town.” He said which made my eyes grew big.

“You’re 16,000 years old?!” I said in a loud voice.

“16, actually,” he said and stood up on air.

I guess I can relate to fairies more. I shook my head playfully and chuckled. I sat down on my desk and researched on my laptop.

“What are you doing Sunshine?” he said as he floated on my side staring closely at the screen.

“I’m researching the topics for the Scholastic decathlon we’ll have next week. By the way, it’s Shaina not Sunshine.” I said as he playfully covered his face with his hat and pretended to snore.

“Hey!” I said in a loud voice and playfully slapped his shoulder.

“Whoa! Just kidding Sunshine!” he said and sat on the air.

“It’s Shaina; by the way, what’s your name?” I said as he floated on the air.

“It’s Greyson—Greyson Fairy McChance.” He said as I smiled.

“Oh, okay.” I said as he sprinkled some gold dust on my nose.

“Hey! Watch it!” I said and wrinkled my nose.

“Hey, we’re friends now right? I do that to my friends by the way.” He said and made me playfully roll my eyes.

“You could’ve told me first.” I said as he chuckled.

Hours later I still researched for the Scholastic decathlon. I began to yawn and Greyson floated on the air lazily.

“Are you done yet?” he said in a lazy tone.

“I’m not, fairy pants. Cody ruined my papers right? Tomorrow’s the scholastic decathlon—if I don’t win I might get totally embarrassed and get bullied.” I said and kept my eyes glued on the screen.

“Well,” he sighed “That’s a bummer.”

“Tell me about it.” I said as he stood me up and sat on the chair.

“What the heck are you doing? I’m finishing it—”

“I’ll do it Sunshine. I’d get it finished in no time. Just go to sleep coz you’ve got a big day ahead tomorrow. You don’t want to sleep in the middle of the competition right?” he said as I sighed.

“Are you sure it’s gonna work?” I sighed.

“I’m surely sure Sunshine!” he said and dragged me to my bed.

“It’s Shaina; if you don’t want to call me Shaina, you can call me Sunshine.” I said giving in. he chuckled and turned the lights off.

As I lied down on my bed, he pulled the blanket up to my torso and stroked my hair. I slowly began to drift off to sleep as I heard someone singing.

“Sleep now, my Sunshine

Sleep now, my Sunshine

Sleep now, coz you’ve got

A day ahead today…

Good night princess pink Sunshine.” He said as I felt him flying away and closed the door.

Aw, how sweet was that? For a fairy friend, he’s definitely the best friend I’ve got. I hope I can see him every day—every day to repay what’s left me waiting for years.