Chapter 4 Fairy Town

Greyson flew us both in all directions. We went left, and then we went right and straight. Finally—I finally see a sign saying: 'FAIRY TOWN'. Greyson held me tight and went through a big bush and finally—welcome to fairy town!

"Wow—!" I said in awe.

Right this second I see colorful dressed fairies. I see others with flower hats, acorn carts and mushroom houses. Greyson put me down as a chubby fairy woman in a blue petal-like dress with silver wings approached us.

"Greyson! How are you my baby?" she said in a high accent and messed up Greyson's hair.

"Mary," Greyson groaned "Stop making me look like a baby." He said blushing as I giggled.

"Well, you'll always be my baby—"

She stopped as she looked at me from head to toe.

"Who's this?" she said pointing at me.

Greyson went behind me and held both my shoulders and nodded.

"Mary Fairy, this is Sunshine. She's my friend." He said which made me blush.

Mary Fairy looked at me around and around.

"No wings, no messy hair and no leafy or flowery dress? What's the matter with this young lady?" Mary puffed as Greyson whispered something in her ear which made her jump.

"She's your human friend?!" Mary said in a loud voice.

Suddenly, everyone around us stared silently at me. I immediately felt embarrassed and looked down. All of a sudden, they all cheered in glee.

"It is such a pleasure to meet you dear! Greyson has always talked about you ever since! You loved us fairies for a long time and we also loved you back! Welcome to fairy town!" Mary said shaking my hands fast and a bit frantically.

"Uhh, thanks—"

Just then, Greyson grabbed me in an orange-pinkish colored mushroom.

"What was that?" I said furrowing my eyebrows.

"Look, I like people who believe in fairies okay?" he said floating on air.

"Aw," I sighed playfully "You like me." I said as he blushed.

"Wanna go for a ride? A tour in fairy town?" he said reaching his hand to touch mine.

"Sure!" I said holding his hand and jumped on his back.

We finally flew fast which made me grip on Greyson tighter. We went to a silver pond with little tadpoles, to a garden of walking radishes and—a tree of golden and silver dust. We continued flying everywhere until we got tired and rested under a mushroom.

"I could stay here forever." I sighed feeling the raindrops from the mushroom.

"Well, would you?" Greyson said as I looked at him confusedly.

"I really wanted to stay longer but, my father's at home. I can never leave him." I said standing up.

"You wanna go now?" Greyson said as I smiled and nodded.

I jumped at his back and he flew fast through the bush we went in to before to Fairy Town. It's time to say goodbye to fairy town. It's been a great day. I hope this life would get even just a bit happier.

We came back at 7:32 in the evening. We went to my room and he transformed me to my old self again. I placed him on the tip of my forefinger and nudged his tiny nose.

"Thanks for this day Greyson. I really enjoyed it." I said as he jingled and blushed.

He flew away as I turned up to him.

"Will you come back?" I shouted as he flew high from my window.

He nodded and flashed his golden dust on my nose again. I gave out a sneeze as I hear him jingling—a chuckling jingles. I watched him flying farther and farther until I closed my window and lied down on my bed and slowly drifted off to sleep to find a great dream.

*alarm clock! Riiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

I woke up and did my daily routines. I bathe and got dressed in my loose pink shirt, skinny white dress and doll shoes. I braided my black curly hair in place. I ate my breakfast and got prepared for school. I got my books and my bag and walked off to school.

*school bell!!! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

I went to my locker and placed my other books in. Suddenly, Cody Simpson from the jocks went beside me and looked at my eyes grinning.

"What do you want?" I said annoyed as he chuckled.

"I was just thinking, prom night's gonna happen tomorrow night so I guess, will you be my prom date?" he said winking at me.

"I don't trust you." I said slamming my locker and walked.

"Hey, hey," he said gripping my arm "I know we've been in a rough start. Right now, I just want to make it up to you." he said looking deeply in my eyes. I can tell he's serious.

"Well," I sighed "First, answer my question. Why did you choose me to be your partner? There are a lot of cheerleaders who are drooling over you, you brat." I said as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Nothing coz, after you won the decathlon, I knew there's something different in you that none of those gals have." He said smiling.

"Well, first, you should make it up to me." I said raising an eyebrow.

"How about," he said holding my hand "Tomorrow morning and afternoon having a hang out together in the park?" he said as I raised an eyebrow and finally gave in and nodded.

"Fine," I sighed "Tomorrow's better be good." I said as he smiled and nodded.

I went off to class and felt a bit awkward after the guy I hated so much wants to be my partner for my first prom.

Greyson's POV

"Are you sure about that Greyson?" Mary Fairy said looking down.

"Yes Mary," I said lifting her chin up "I just want to be human in just a week."

"But, what is the true reason why you want to be human all of a sudden?" Mary said crossing her arms. "Is it because of—Shaina?"

"Sunshine," I nodded "I love her. I just want to experience how it feels like to be with her in human form." I said as a spark came in Mary's eye.

"Greyson, are you—in love?" he said as I looked down and blushed.

"Greyson!" Mary squealed "You are!"

"Well, it's just for one week." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Okay, so, I will give you a bag of gold dust to keep you safe from human dangers okay?" Mary said giving me a bag of gold dust.

Mary sent me to the tree of gold and silver dust and dust showered on me—as I opened my eyes, I see myself in Sunshine's room and stood up. I looked myself at the mirror and—and—I have no more wings, no more leafy clothes but in cloth, and no more sharp ears! I'm a human now! I can't wait to see Sunshine tomorrow!

Shaina's POV

Father told me that he'll be away for a month since he'll be handling some errands in another country. I finally went home and ate my dinner. As I finished off my meal, I heard someone in my bedroom. I quickly picked up a broom and slowly went in my bedroom. I opened the door as I gave out a huge gasp. I see a human form Greyson Fairy McChance!