Chapter 3

*stupid alarm clock riiiiiiiiiiiiiing!!!

I woke up with this annoying alarm clock which woke me up 6:15 in the morning. I thought all of the Greyson Fairy McChance was all a dream but, I heard those faints sound of chimes again in my desk room. I stood up and went to my working place. There I saw my fairy friend sprinkling golden dust on the papers.

“Hey, what are you doing?” I said yawning a bit.

“Oh,” he turned around “Good morning. I finished the papers! Here it is!” he said handing me the papers.

I scanned the papers and the writings are exactly the same as my old papers! OMG! How’d he do this? Well, perhaps he used his magic things.

“How’d you do this?! I’ve been working on these papers for 2 weeks and you finished it in just one night! Did you use your magic skills or what?!” I said excitingly.

“Well,” he said raising his shoulders and making a boastful look on his face “I just did it on my way.” He said blowing his breath on his knuckle and wiped it on his leaf-like shirt.

“Well Mr. ThankstomeIgotyourpapers fairy guy, I just wanted to say thank you for doing this.” I said smiling at him.

“It’s my pleasure—Madame.” He said taking his leaf-like hat and half-bowed in front of me.

I gave him an apple to eat and did my daily routines. When I finished preparing for school, I came up to him and was about to bid him good bye.

“What?! You’re gonna leave me?” he said doing a puppy face.

“I have the scholastic decathlon! Besides, if people see you as a fairy creature your identity will be revealed!” I said sarcastically.

He looked at himself at the mirror for a while and made a grumpy old cat’s face. He jumped and sat on air.

“It’s not fair,” he said and jumped in thinking of a good idea “How about I turn to my old self again? I become a firefly again!” he said leaping in front of me begging like a child.

“Well,” I said as he made the puppy face which I can never resist “Ugh! Fine.” I said and rolled my eyes.

He jumped and flew on the air and he became smaller and smaller. He finally looked like a firefly again. He sat on my shoulder and spoke in a chipmunk-like voice.

“School where Sunshine study, here we go! Wooohh!!” he said which made me giggle and went off to school.

I arrived at school minutes early for the decathlon. My team mates and I decided who to compete first and last. I was picked last and the unfair thing here is, the last competitor has always the hardest task to do! Minutes later, the buzzer signaling people to start the decathlon finally buzzed. We’ve got our first competitor, he won. Second, our team won. Third, we won again. Fourth, the competitor won. I’m the fifth one to answer. I’m the last hope to win this. The buzzer buzzed and I started to write on the white board. I wrote a long solution and our competitor is losing. I was sure I was going to win until—I forgot what step of the equation is next! I stopped and Greyson kept on talking but all I hear are jingling of bells.

“Buzz off!” I say to Greyson quietly.

He quiet down and did the old grumpy cat’s face again. Then, he flashed a golden dust on my nose which tingled my senses on what to do next! I finally wrote the equation and—and—buzz!!! I WIN!!!

All of my team mates congratulated me and cheered as our school won. Our competitors remained being good sports so they congratulated me as well. As I walked down to the side, Greyson went to my forefinger as I whisper “Thank you” to him. He fisted his hands and placed it on his hips and nodded.

I walked back to our house together with Greyson on my shoulder. I sat him down on my bed as I sat on the chair in front of him.

“I feel guilty. It’s like I cheated because of the magic you gave me.” I said guilt building up my veins.

He moved and just kept on jingling.

“Hey, hey, I don’t understand you okay?” I say as he messed up his hair as if he’s super annoyed and went to the floor and raised his head.

Greyson finally transformed into a human-like creature with wings and leafy clothes again.

“Look,” he said holding my shoulders “You didn’t cheat. The dust I flashed on you had no magic. I was just shocked when you shockingly answered it immediately.” He said as I looked at him in wide eyes.

“So, I won that decathlon all by myself?” I said in awe.

“Well, with the help of your team mates.” He said as I huff.

I smiled and jumped on bed. I gave out a big sigh in relief of guilt. Greyson floated on air above me; close to my face.

“What’s it like to live in a fairy land?” I say as he rolls his eyes.

“Not fairy land—fairy town.” He said prolonging the “fairy land” line.

“Okay, so how does it feel like?” I said curiously.

“Well, it’s hard to explain though. You have a lot of fairy friends, work with mushrooms and whatever, and practice your fairy power.” He said getting the feather from his hat and stroked it on his nose.

“Wow that must be amazing.” I sighed.

He looked at me in wide eyes and jumped.

“Wanna see and feel what it’s like to be in fairy town?” he said excitingly.

“Can I go?!” I said really exaggerated.

“Yeah! All you need is to come with me.” He said holding his hand to reach mine.

“Wait, how can I get to fairy town if I’m this big?” I said frowning a bit.

“Just follow what I do.” He said holding my hand.

He started singing a song which he entitled “Sunshine”. I sang along and raised my head up like him. Later on, I felt getting smaller and smaller and smaller! I’m like a firefly now! Greyson and I flew up and down the pond.

“Was it that easy to be this small, right?” he said as I laugh.

“That was awesome!” I said and enjoyed the beauty of nature as we closely finally reached—fairy town.